What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

PC is acting strange

• Thread starter Crooks
  • Start date
  • Views 309
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, my PC has begun to act very strange. Last night I booted it up and Google Chrome wouldn't open. I restarted my PC but then no videos would play from any website, and I tried playing MM in CS:GO but it gave me a network error. I restarted my PC again and it seemed fine but then it stopped playing videos again and wouldn't let me shutdown, so I forced a shutdown. I booted it up this morning and none of my pinned applications were on the taskbar and I couldn't open the start menu or search menu. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom PC, any ideas?

Amnesys

Amnesys

Praise Cheesus
Reaction score
Sin$
Try reinstalling windows and all the drivers again see if that fixes the problems that what i usually would do i know it can be most aggravating thing to do.

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Try reinstalling windows and all the drivers again see if that fixes the problems that what i usually would do i know it can be most aggravating thing to do.
Yeah that's what I was planning to do.

Art

Art

the guy who designs stuff
VIP
Retired
Artist A Milli Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Tabuu Tabuu had a problem slightly similar to this, however it just ended up fixing itself somehow.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah that's what I was planning to do.
Tabuu Tabuu had a problem slightly similar to this, however it just ended up fixing itself somehow.
I wasn't sure exactly what was causing my problem, but what seems to fix it is leaving the computer alone for about 5 minutes or so after booting. My issues only got so far as chrome not starting and programs randomly crashing after booting the computer. I didn't get any network issues.

Swifty

Swifty

Taylor Swift Gang
Retired
Stickied Bright Idea Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
Install CCleaner and clean your registery as well as cookies and all that. Before going over the headache of the drivers. 
Also Microsoft support might have something like this on a thread.

Crooks

Crooks

6‮
VIP
Retired
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Install CCleaner and clean your registery as well as cookies and all that. Before going over the headache of the drivers. 
Also Microsoft support might have something like this on a thread.
Did this, now let's pray.

SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Might be worth running some anti-malware just to be safe however it sounds like a faulty HDD.

Have you tried looking in event viewer to see if you are getting any system errors/warnings?
This will give some more in-depth details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register