• Views 346
Status
Not open for further replies.
_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys, I am looking at purchasing something tomorrow via paypal, however I am not sure how I am going to load the money on to it. I was wondering if you could purchase any sort of prepaid cards in Australia? (Mastercard, Visa T&G). Or I could put money on my debit card but I am not sure how long it will take to transfer from my bank to PayPal.
Thanks in advance!

Note, I am in Australia, different countries have different conditions.

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys, I am looking at purchasing something tomorrow via paypal, however I am not sure how I am going to load the money on to it. I was wondering if you could purchase any sort of prepaid cards in Australia? (Mastercard, Visa T&G). Or I could put money on my debit card but I am not sure how long it will take to transfer from my bank to PayPal.
Thanks in advance!

Prepaid: http://auspost.com.au/money-insurance/load-and-go-reloadable-visa-prepaid-card.html

Money takes around 3-5 working days to transfer.

L

Legless

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for that! However does that card work on Paypal? and if so it would be a quicker option to use that wouldn't it?
Well I assume when at checkout you would click Pay With Debit/Credit Card instead and then type its details in. I'm not entirely sure as I've not done it before.

_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I assume when at checkout you would click Pay With Debit/Credit Card instead and then type its details in. I'm not entirely sure as I've not done it before.
But I actually need the money in my account as its a private sale, e.g. PayPal to PayPal.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks in advance!

What I do is simply buy a prepaid visa or mastercard and then you simply go to the part of paypal called your "wallet".

In this section of paypal it allows you to add a prepaid card. Now you cannot add money from a prepaid card to your paypal but you are however able to use the card in a transaction via paypal. You can also buy a green dot moneypak which may be easier for you. They are designed specifically for adding money to your paypal. After you buy one you simply add the money and it goes directly to your account. (not sure if they sale them in australia or not).

About debit, I've never done that before so I'm not entirely sure exactly how it works but I do know that you can also add a debit card to your paypal in the wallet section as well. Then it will just charge your debit card. You don't need to link your bank account to use a debit card but you can also do that as well if you wanted to.

Hope that helped you. Good luck man!

Skate Or Die!
Journalist Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol your not even from australia, those cards dont work ive tried them before.

Just link your bank account to your paypal account. Its the easiest way.
Yeah didn't think that the Australia post cards work. I am just going to link my bank account.

_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What I do is simply buy a prepaid visa or mastercard and then you simply go to the part of paypal called your "wallet".

In this section of paypal it allows you to add a prepaid card. Now you cannot add money from a prepaid card to your paypal but you are however able to use the card in a transaction via paypal. You can also buy a green dot moneypak which may be easier for you. They are designed specifically for adding money to your paypal. After you buy one you simply add the money and it goes directly to your account. (not sure if they sale them in australia or not).

About debit, I've never done that before so I'm not entirely sure exactly how it works but I do know that you can also add a debit card to your paypal in the wallet section as well. Then it will just charge your debit card. You don't need to link your bank account to use a debit card but you can also do that as well if you wanted to.

I use to use a Prepaid master cards, however I was reading on paypal that they no longer except the prepaid cards. The thing is I am buying an RGH so I take it the seller wants a Paypal to Paypal transaction.

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
I use to use a Prepaid master cards, however I was reading on paypal that they no longer except the prepaid cards. The thing is I am buying an RGH so I take it the seller wants a Paypal to Paypal transaction.

Interesting. That's the first I heard of it. I rarely use mastercard though and mostly use prepaid visas which I can vouch definitely work.

You may want to try those. And yes, it's still a paypal to paypal transaction. It charges your account and takes the money directly off the card.

_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Also do you know how long it takes to link a credit card to your account? Is it instant or does it take time? I will most likely be using a MasterCard or American Express. 
Interesting. That's the first I heard of it. I rarely use mastercard though and mostly use prepaid visas which I can vouch definitely work.

You may want to try those. And yes, it's still a paypal to paypal transaction. It charges your account and takes the money directly off the card.
Can you get the visas in Australia and if so where? Do they take time to transfer money to your account or is it instant?

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Reaction score
Sin$
Also do you know how long it takes to link a credit card to your account? Is it instant or does it take time? I will most likely be using a MasterCard or American Express.

It's instant, just go to the wallet area and link it. Pretty much as simple as that.

Can you get the visas in Australia and if so where? Do they take time to transfer money to your account or is it instant?

To be honest I have no idea if you can get them in Australia but if you can the process is instant.

_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's instant, just go to the wallet area and link it. Pretty much as simple as that.

To be honest I have no idea if you can get them in Australia but if you can the process is instant.
Thanks a lot mate I will have to check it out. We have visa Load and Go cards but I don't know if they are the same thing as what you're talking about.

L

Legless

Reaction score
Sin$
lol your not even from australia, those cards dont work ive tried them before.

Just link your bank account to your paypal account. Its the easiest way.
Who said I was? I visited an Australian website for prepaid cards.

L

Legless

Reaction score
Sin$
I know that, thats why I pointed it out. Your just randomly searching. I don't have the energy to explain.
It's the thought that counts, I tried helping him. If it didn't help, so what?

If I opened the door for someone and was to weak to open it, you'd still be grateful I tried wouldn't you?

_Versace_

_Versace_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's the thought that counts, I tried helping him. If it didn't help, so what?

If I opened the door for someone and was to weak to open it, you'd still be grateful I tried wouldn't you?
Don't worry man it's all cool, the thought was there. Anyway I might be purchasing one of those cards anyway. Both of you guys were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register