Status
Not open for further replies.
The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

(Re)tired eyes from the shadows
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone that knows of me here will know I don't make a habit of creating threads for stupid reasons but after recent experiences I had to gain opinions from my fellow gamers on the changes that were made between previous and current gen to the in game passive mode system.
--This game is a crime simulator--
Like many of my fellow gamers I cut my teeth on GTA V with my last gen console (ps3). I enjoyed every aspect of the game and when online was always prepared for that psychopath like myself to be chasing me with all the gusto of a father chasing someone who deflowered his daughter. However I never used passive mode.
Sure there was always that one guy who had to be running around in passive jerking off, waiting to get that one sneaky kill but that was easy dealt with.

Now with the system in place what you get is yet more people just like that. Only now you get Buzzards, Lasers and Rhino Tanks in passive mode? That's just crazy. Why be in a military spec vehicle but so scared of the consequences that someone more skilled might come along that you just fly around 90% of the time just waiting on someone you can sneak up on?

To me GTA is about the life of crime. Not the life of Casper the occasionally deadly ghost.

My idea is that is that if people just want to drive around and not worry about violence from other players then there should be lobbies in place where they can do so. Give them guns and weapons but all other players can be ghosts, then remove passive altogether from standard sessions. I already have 3 properties I can 'hide' in on smoke breaks.

Even at the least they could sort out the HUD map and its icons to differentiate more between players in vehicles etc who are in passive mode and those that are not.

What are your opinions or comments?
Do you share my opinion?
What changes could be made?

Cheers guys!

Amnesys

Amnesys

Praise Cheesus
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been annoying me for ages especially people who get cheap shot kills on you then go into passive mode its some how the new griefing method for skids who have no balls to have a gun fight with you. At least rockstar could put a limit on passive mode so when someone kills you they cant go straight into passive mode for another 10 minutes or so that would be better it would stop idiots abusing it.

Last edited:
DeadlySwift7777

DeadlySwift7777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone that knows of me here will know I don't make a habit of creating threads for stupid reasons but after recent experiences I had to gain opinions from my fellow gamers on the changes that were made between previous and current gen to the in game passive mode system.
--This game is a crime simulator--
Like many of my fellow gamers I cut my teeth on GTA V with my last gen console (ps3). I enjoyed every aspect of the game and when online was always prepared for that psychopath like myself to be chasing me with all the gusto of a father chasing someone who deflowered his daughter. However I never used passive mode.
Sure there was always that one guy who had to be running around in passive jerking off, waiting to get that one sneaky kill but that was easy dealt with.

Now with the system in place what you get is yet more people just like that. Only now you get Buzzards, Lasers and Rhino Tanks in passive mode? That's just crazy. Why be in a military spec vehicle but so scared of the consequences that someone more skilled might come along that you just fly around 90% of the time just waiting on someone you can sneak up on?

To me GTA is about the life of crime. Not the life of Casper the occasionally deadly ghost.

My idea is that is that if people just want to drive around and not worry about violence from other players then there should be lobbies in place where they can do so. Give them guns and weapons but all other players can be ghosts, then remove passive altogether from standard sessions. I already have 3 properties I can 'hide' in on smoke breaks.

Even at the least they could sort out the HUD map and its icons to differentiate more between players in vehicles etc who are in passive mode and those that are not.

What are your opinions or comments?
Do you share my opinion?
What changes could be made?

Cheers guys!
I personally agree, but disagree there are trolls that kill n immediately go to passive mode, or as soon as their vehicle is destroyed.

I like passive cause I'm a driver n, well I do everything, I hate skid in adders sticky bombing me ( or attempting to) all the time. So passive helps but it goes back n forth n really means how u play n act.

I Dont fire unless fired upon n Dont stop till u leave

Isnemid

Isnemid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats why i dont want to move to current gen.
Previous gen has already to mutch players killing u, and then go passive and doing air-trust action.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This has been annoying me for ages especially people who get cheap shot kills on you then go into passive mode its some how the new griefing method for skids who have no balls to have a gun fight with you. At least rockstar could put i limit on passive mode so when someone kills you they cant go straight into passive mode for another 10 minutes or so that would be better it would stop idiots abusing it.
Agreed. There is currently a limit but it only stops you going into passive for a minute after you have just been in it but it doesn't work the way it should.

Edit: your sig image made me lol

I personally agree, but disagree there are trolls that kill n immediately go to passive mode, or as soon as their vehicle is destroyed.

I like passive cause I'm a driver n, well I do everything, I hate skid in adders sticky bombing me ( or attempting to) all the time. So passive helps but it goes back n forth n really means how u play n act.

I Dont fire unless fired upon n Dont stop till u leave
I am the same as in I tend to shoot second but have the last laugh. I just really hate people who genuinely can't play the game and have to resort to underhand and sneaky tactics to boost their kd.
Thats why i dont want to move to current gen.
Previous gen has already to mutch players killing u, and then go passive and doing air-trust action.
Yeah, it is almost game breaking for me. I would love a better lobby system where we are actually put into sessions with players with the same play style. Its like Rockstar took their matchmaking system from a (failed) dating site sometimes.

Last edited:
IMadePoopy

IMadePoopy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree that the new passive mode has some massive flaws. It is a much improved passive when you need to use it for its intended purpose. I hate how people abuse like you guys stated above. It's mostly used by cowards now. I don't think you should be allowed to go into passive if your dot is lava red and right after you kill someone. The map does need to do a better job of differentiating between passive and non passive players and I totally agree with a passive only lobby with guns. It is nice that you can't be trolled by firetruck cannons anymore while in passive. I do agree too that it needs a longer timer between going into passive.

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree that the new passive mode has some massive flaws. It is a much improved passive when you need to use it for its intended purpose. I hate how people abuse like you guys stated above. It's mostly used by cowards now. I don't think you should be allowed to go into passive if your dot is lava red and right after you kill someone. The map does need to do a better job of differentiating between passive and non passive players and I totally agree with a passive only lobby with guns. It is nice that you can't be trolled by firetruck cannons anymore while in passive. I do agree too that it needs a longer timer between going into passive.
Good points, you are right about not being killed by fire trucks anyway! Lol. Your idea about them not being able to enter passive mode whilst their dot is lava red is an excellent suggestion as well. A sort of cool down period, psychopaths don't need passive!

Isnemid

Isnemid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the best way is that u can pick passive when joining a session, and after u get killed by a player.
Not activate in what ever is usefull for the player.
So not get killed by jet crew 15 times and when the crash they go passive...

GTA Sin Andreas

GTA Sin Andreas

LSPD Special Forces Unit
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I think adding a 5 minute timer so that it can't be activated over and over and over again would be a better solution, and one that Rockstar is more likely to consider. The current cooldown time of 45 seconds is way too short, and can easily be abused, especially considering that anytime you are killed you can activate passive mode (even if the cooldown time has not expired). Rockstar need to make that ability only available when the cooldown time is up. The only time anyone would come out of passive mode would be if they are ready to kill someone, therefore it would be logical to add a 5 minute cooldown timer.
Yes, this needs to be added in as well. I've seen some passive mode trolls on current generation consoles kill me (sometimes, most of the time I catch them by surprise :wink:), and quickly get into a car and go into passive mode. When I respawn, chase after them, and catch up to them, it is only then that I realize they are in passive mode, because the HUD icon shows that they are not in passive mode.

T

Toast_Soup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I absolutely hate passive mode now. Either get rid of it or charge $50,000 each time you want to use it.

FormCreeper

FormCreeper

Electronic Predator
Reaction score
Sin$
So is this argument about the misuse of passive mode by a small majority of people or is it a conversation on how it could be improved for the mass majority of the gta community?

I cant tell because when I see threads like this in the wild It just ends up that the op was killed by some turd that was not using it for what it was made for.

plays-gta-online-only-kills-people-in-free-roam-f84c8f.jpg

Last edited:
IMadePoopy

IMadePoopy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So is this argument about the misuse of passive mode by a small majority of people or is it a conversation on how it could be improved for the mass majority of the gta community?

I cant tell because when I see threads like this in the wild It just ends up that the op was killed by some turd that was not using it for what it was made for.

It's so we can voice our opinions on the 2

R

ricardo89

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If i got killed and killed all over again for doing nothing against an attacker... yea i use passive mode....

free roam is to have fun... not for bullying players and fck them up.... play TDM instead

Lint6

Lint6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hate that people can use the new passive mode in the Simeons HPV. Since you can't attack them in it, I just go to Simeons dock and park cars right in front of the drop off garage. "You wanna take the car in passive mode? Fine, I'll just block the door...you'll have to get out to move the cars. And once you get out, I'll blow that **** up since you were a **** who took it while in passive mode"

The Irish Assassin

The Irish Assassin

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

I dont tend to get killed.. My main issue is now you get people who operate armed vehicles in passive mode simply so they can sneak up on one person each ten minutes and kill them. If you're gonna be in passive mode then you dont need to do so with a tank, lazer or buzzard. The current system is in need of improvement and hopefully we can find some sort of middle ground in this thread. Either that or someone who uses it like this will justify it and we will no longer care.

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
the old gen passive mode was very flawed and the new one is too. but its definitely fun for trollz, me and my buddy followed this dude around for hours one night, he was the classic backup glitch zentorno kid. we would cut him off and bail out of our cars to block him. go off the radar and sneak up for a cheap kill. block the entances to lsc, so he couldnt lose stars. ya its a d*ck move, but he got super pissed which was hilarious

FormCreeper

FormCreeper

Electronic Predator
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont tend to get killed.. My main issue is now you get people who operate armed vehicles in passive mode simply so they can sneak up on one person each ten minutes and kill them. If you're gonna be in passive mode then you dont need to do so with a tank, lazer or buzzard. The current system is in need of improvement and hopefully we can find some sort of middle ground in this thread. Either that or someone who uses it like this will justify it and we will no longer care.
I agree that it need to be fixed to stop trolls but only to an extent.

CloudTheWolf

CloudTheWolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They need to get rid of passive mode and bring back the GTA 4 system. nuff said.

A

Awakening

The Poxleitner
Grammar Nazi Platinum Record Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
They need to get rid of passive mode and bring back the GTA 4 system. nuff said.

One feature I definitely miss from Grand Theft Auto IV is the health packs located all around the map that would repair your character and/or vehicle if driven or walked over. They never were too far away no matter your location and they provided the only means to repair aircraft vehicles as well as free repairs to your vehicle and max health whenever you needed it. With Grand Theft Auto V, the only solution to a damaged aircraft is to get a new one or wait until it dies.

Speaking of aircraft, a garage—such as LSC, but for planes and helicopters—for those vehicles was on my list of top ten things to be in this game before it was released. As expected, that did not happen. Rockstar could really improve on the aircraft side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register