• Thread starter DrunkenWarrior
  • Start date
  • Views 304
D

xVikingsXpridex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I plan on having help, I have a uncle who use to build computers and video tuts to help...as this is expensive. I also already have windows 7 64bit home professional.

Here is my first build which is around 1,300$ mainly so I can upgrade it later.

thought about changing mother board to a ASUS P8P67 P67 1155

Same case for both...for prices sake lol, I also already have a 1tb drive

this one is about 300$ less but I assume the intel based desktop is superior? again I would want to add some sort of extra cooling to the 1,300$ build...just for extra measures.

any suggestions would be helpful, im not in a huge rush as i have around a month or two until I purchase the parts to begin.

InfectHead

-Kamil-

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
End of the Year 2012 MotM Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Next few months we will see Ivy Bridge and more GTX 600's being released so price/performance will definitely be better.

Floods in Thailand have also stalled HDD production so prices will improve as production picks up again.

But yeah, the Intel 2550K is basically the most superior CPU on the market right now so I would go with that (unless you wanna get an Ivy Bridge CPU in a month). Good build, and just remember to make sure you check that all your parts are compatible with the motherboard, otherwise it's pretty useless :tongue:

D

xVikingsXpridex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I will wait for the Ivy Bridge then, as im in no big hurry, and I would love to see the new processor if it's not to my liking I can go with an i7 which I assume would be cheaper by then :tongue:

Jessiah331

Jessiah331

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I will wait for the Ivy Bridge then, as im in no big hurry, and I would love to see the new processor if it's not to my liking I can go with an i7 which I assume would be cheaper by then :tongue:

Thought the IB will be i7's :wink:

You're absolutely right, if you don't like them the current gen i7's will go down (hopefully!)

Top Bottom
Login
Register