• Thread starter CraigChrist8239
  • Start date
  • Views 14,419
XeChris

XeChris

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Haha, no legal trouble yet. Not even so much as a reply. Probably just gunna throw my next one away. I love how aero was trying to get a c&d too by posting to the wikia and that just got me a c&d XD.
Yea, I tried to tell them they had problems when they sent c&ds for Bo2, and clearly they listened <_<

Lol like the countless amount of other c&D's you threw away haha

Y

Yolosweg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
its nice to know someone from activision has been roaming around se7ensins and the cod ghosts section, yet they fail to see all the tools that have been created etc. and yet still no update to the game or even an attempt to clean the leaderboards, i also dont understand why a letter has been sent to someone who released information, data etc. of the game yet many people wont actually be able to do anything with the information. also the letter made me piss lol #10/10
what is the point in cleaning leaderboards when the current gen is already ****ed up so bad. it wont stop anything. They dont care about the current generation consoles anymore.

N

nay1995

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
what is the point in cleaning leaderboards when the current gen is already ****ed up so bad. it wont stop anything. They dont care about the current generation consoles anymore.

to keep a legitimate game running and people who play the games for hours upon end to get to the top of the leaderboards simply cant, all they have to do is implement some sort of auto ban system like on bo2, and this would seriously reduce modders modding the game in general.

This system consisted of them checking for files that are on a custom firmware and banning people if the directories, files etc. existed on their consoles. etc, etc...

Jakes625

Jakes625

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
to keep a legitimate game running and people who play the games for hours upon end to get to the top of the leaderboards simply cant, all they have to do is implement some sort of auto ban system like on bo2, and this would seriously reduce modders modding the game in general.

This system consisted of them checking for files that are on a custom firmware and banning people if the directories, files etc. existed on their consoles. etc, etc...

That is quite stupid as well...

Someone did a backup for me, and I ran BO2 (without knowing the eboot had been modified) and later was console banned. When I called up sony they could do nothing about it. That's how I got my OFW Console banned.

Y

Yolosweg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

They cant add any instant banning system anymore, since they didnt do it before the launch its just not gonna happen... also lol you think that people cant bypass those "checks"? Its pointless to even try anymore.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They cant add any instant banning system anymore, since they didnt do it before the launch its just not gonna happen... also lol you think that people cant bypass those "checks"? Its pointless to even try anymore.

Because a Title Update doesn't fix things that were broken in the release version. I don't think its "pointless" for them to try to protect their game. Its never going to 100% effective, but neither is birth control. At best, they could stop everyone but a handful of people who will sell their method to people. As previsouly stated, next gen games have already shipped, but the fact that they're still sending out C&Ds shows they still care at least a little bit.

Somehow you've gotten wayyyyyyyyyyyy off topic... too much to ask to remain on topic?

EDIT: 2400th post, almost 3k likes :biggrin:

N

nay1995

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Someone did a backup for me, and I ran BO2 (without knowing the eboot had been modified) and later was console banned. When I called up sony they could do nothing about it. That's how I got my OFW Console banned.

fair point, but this method prevented all the little scruffs who put god mode classes on and mod the game to **** etc, the only people who modded bo2 was people who knew what they were doing and people who had the bollocks to do so.

xI cHOcOLaTe

xI cHOcOLaTe

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Because a Title Update doesn't fix things that were broken in the release version. I don't think its "pointless" for them to try to protect their game. Its never going to 100% effective, but neither is birth control. At best, they could stop everyone but a handful of people who will sell their method to people. As previsouly stated, next gen games have already shipped, but the fact that they're still sending out C&Ds shows they still care at least a little bit.

Somehow you've gotten wayyyyyyyyyyyy off topic... too much to ask to remain on topic?

EDIT: 2400th post, almost 3k likes :biggrin:

I don't think its "pointless" for them to try to protect their game. Its never going to [be] 100% effective, but neither is birth control.

This needs to be engraved on a ****ing plaque.

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Any clue which one is used for listening dead? I don't know what it's actually called but we used it along time ago the talk to other teams.

CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Any clue which one is used for listening dead? I don't know what it's actually called but we used it along time ago the talk to other teams.
A bump for the ages huh? A list of perks can be found at "mp/perktable.csv" in the dump, and you'll notice that the old Call of Duty 4 perk "eavesdrop" has been removed.

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
A bump for the ages huh? A list of perks can be found at "mp/perktable.csv" in the dump, and you'll notice that the old Call of Duty 4 perk "eavesdrop" has been removed.
Yeah but it was something we used in MW2. I believe we pulled it out of S&D but it's been so long. And yeah might as well bump this as people were asking about .ff's. Most people find no use of this but some interesting things can be found. Also the DVAR dump seems to be missing a few things. IE. g_knockback and a few others.

Last edited:
CraigChrist8239

CraigChrist8239

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah but it was something we used in MW2. I believe we pulled it out of S&D but it's been so long. And yeah might as well bump this as people were asking about .ff's. Most people find no use of this but some interesting things can be found. Also the DVAR dump seems to be missing a few things. IE. g_knockback and a few others.
Well there were some dvars in MW2 for talking to other teammates, and I believe they also left the eavesdrop perk in. And idk why that isn't in the dump, but I don't really care...

EDIT: O, and all the info used to dump this is being posted here. C&D #5 here I come.
EDIT2:
I don't think its "pointless" for them to try to protect their game. Its never going to [be] 100% effective, but neither is birth control.

This needs to be engraved on a ****ing plaque.
Haha, I forgot I said that. I plan to go to E3 this year and I wanna get a shirt made that says "CraigChrist8239" across the chest and "Game Security is like Birth Control, Never 100% Effective" on the back, hahaha

Last edited:
superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Reaction score
Sin$
Well there were some dvars in MW2 for talking to other teammates, and I believe they also left the eavesdrop perk in. And idk why that isn't in the dump, but I don't really care...

EDIT: O, and all the info used to dump this is being posted here. C&D #5 here I come.
EDIT2:

Haha, I forgot I said that. I plan to go to E3 this year and I wanna get a shirt made that says "CraigChrist8239" across the chest and "Game Security is like Birth Control, Never 100% Effective" on the back, hahaha
LMAO I'd put a biga** Wizard stick on it as well.

therifboy

therifboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

This makes no sense. Official firmwares can't run modified eboots.

CreamPieHD

Archery

I just ran out of dip :(
Reaction score
Sin$
By request, heres a dump of all the rawfile, localized string (in localize.str), stringtable, and tracer (in \tracer\) assets... Seeing as how this usually makes Activision go ape****, I'm providing 3 different links...

Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3

Also, heres a list of dvars that are DECLARED. There may still be some dvars that are never declared, but still are used if they do get declared.
http://pastebin.com/HP4AbNyL

More asset names:
animations: http://pastebin.com/Tiigftx4
models: http://pastebin.com/h34FHBn8
materials/textures: http://pastebin.com/v7mPdYpw
sounds: http://pastebin.com/Fhq7fqan
weapons: http://pastebin.com/c9ehyARv
fxs: http://pastebin.com/4p9V4CFM

THE FOLLOWING IS ENTIRELY POINTLESS, BUT IT SHUTS CHAOS UP!!
thanks to stroth for uploading :wink:
AGAIN, COMPLETELY POINTLESS! THEY'RE JUST TEXT AND DATA FILES! >:O
Virusscan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/c...49ad268374476553cb5a1176/analysis/1383793501/
Thanks for the release.

Jakes625

Jakes625

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This makes no sense. Official firmwares can't run modified eboots.

Sorry, I should have elaborated more.. I had a modified MW3 eboot and when I ran BO2 it searches directories for modified files and it detected that.. that's how I got OFW banned.

Number1Stunna420

Number1Stunna420

Supra_-2JZ-
Reaction score
Sin$
For those of you who didn't notice this thread existed, it has gotten me in some sort of "trouble". I am posting this here for Marc Mayer to see. I never thought something so innocent and unnoticed like this would get me a C&D, but I guess things start to pile up.

Stroth VIP Anonymous posts? :wink: Or am I just gunna get "make a new account" again?

First here is the letter I am responding to, so people can catch up...
0kJHG.png
kIYvV.png

Next, my "as public as possible" response.
honestly the funniest thing i have ever read, i bet they are so mad about that response lmao. ur awsome!!!!! and if u get into any legal trouble we should host a fundraiser to help you out lmao!