• Thread starter Joeisawesome
  • Start date
  • Views 694
Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just yesterday I went to my computer store and bought a new cooler master hyper 212. When I was taking the mobo out of the case everything was working fine, so I took off the stock fan, and started putting on the new 212. Once everything was placed on, the mobo began giving me the CPU red light error, which stayed on constantly. There was also no POST beep, nor visual display. I thought that maybe the backplate was shorting out the board, so I took it off the mobo, and replaced the old stock fan, but yet the problem was still apparent. I just want to know if this a Motherboard bug, or processor problem, as it will depend on who I RMA. I even reset the CMOS, used different sticks of RAM, and still no juice. The fans run fine as well. Not to mention the board also continually double boots over and over again, with no end. Please if anyone knows what is wrong, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I also have a video below.

http://s951.photobucket.com/albums/ad359/Joeisawesome/?action=view&current=100_6461.mp4

BTW, that is my talismoon fans running not the computer lol

T

TehMaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like a mobo problem. Since you already specified that you have tried booting with different ram (use a single stick in the slot closest to the proc) and reset the cmos, i would RMA the mobo. If your CPU is still under warranty you might want to RMA that too just to be on the safe side since you cant use it while waiting on your new mobo anyway. But if i had to place a bet i would put it on the mobo.

Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like a mobo problem. Since you already specified that you have tried booting with different ram (use a single stick in the slot closest to the proc) and reset the cmos, i would RMA the mobo. If your CPU is still under warranty you might want to RMA that too just to be on the safe side since you cant use it while waiting on your new mobo anyway. But if i had to place a bet i would put it on the mobo.
Yeah I might do that too.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I'm not mistaken it's made by Asus b/c I'm wanting to get the same Motherboard. From reviews though, people have posted same issues you are experiencing. Have you tried updating the bios?

Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I'm not mistaken it's made by Asus b/c I'm wanting to get the same Motherboard. From reviews though, people have posted same issues you are experiencing. Have you tried updating the bios?

I wish I could even get into the BIOS. Remember I don't even get a POST beep. I decided to just get it RMA'd. If I were you, I would go with a different chipset, my friend actually had a similar problem, but he had an older revision.

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish I could even get into the BIOS. Remember I don't even get a POST beep. I decided to just get it RMA'd. If I were you, I would go with a different chipset, my friend actually had a similar problem, but he had an older revision.

Yeah I will be going with the Gigabyte G1 Sniper 2 from Gigabyte. =) It was just released, and so I'm super excited.

Edit. And yeah I forgot you can't get into the bios, but that's just an odd occurrence. Just RMA it, and see about updgrading to Z68 if possible.

Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I will be going with the Gigabyte G1 Sniper 2 from Gigabyte. =) It was just released, and so I'm super excited.

Edit. And yeah I forgot you can't get into the bios, but that's just an odd occurrence. Just RMA it, and see about updgrading to Z68 if possible.
I'll see, if I get similar problems again, then I will go with the Z68. That sniper mobo is sick, but the price is ****ing ridiculous, and so is the color scheme :tongue:

GENeTiCz xx

GENeTiCz xx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol it has a dedicated sound card though that is mid-high rand card built in. It's amazing, and the LAN port is amazing as well. =) All the features worth the extra $100

S

Saiyan

Reaction score
Sin$
RMA to ASUS and get the Z68 pro-v, it fixes all said red light error problems.

Joeisawesome

Joeisawesome

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
RMA to ASUS and get the Z68 pro-v, it fixes all said red light error problems.
I want to, but I don't think you can exchange your board for a different one, only the same. I read the form and it said this. I really wish I could, I hear that the Z68 chipset is MUCH better developed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register