Working Overload loot cave spawn

• Thread starter VooDooRex
  • Start date
  • Views 21,694
H

Hobo A1

Reaction score
Sin$
So you have actually gotten it to work by doing just that?

I've tried and had no luck. Wasn't sure if there was a secret beyond what was in the original post.

crunchprank

crunchprank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't gotten it to spawn infinitely, but there is an easier way than jumping on the ledge and back off again. Outside the front door (the opening/door you come to first), just double jump there - make sure you aren't hitting the ceiling though. If you do that, they spawn every 3-5 seconds and you don't have to keep running into the room and shooting at an angle. You'll have a direct shot right into the room. Bring a rocket launcher and you will clean house.

crunchprank

crunchprank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, to do the spawn overload (or whatever this will end up being called) you go to the loot cave on Venus, the one where you jump off the door frame and the servitor, vandals, and dregs spawn, make sure you have a rocket launcher and full ammo for it.
Kill everyone in the room, go outside and initiate the spawn again but don't enter the room. As soon as you land on the ground, shoot a rocket into the small opening in the door way, if you got the angle right everything should die with one rocket. As soon as you shoot the rocket, jump up onto the doorway again and initiate the spawn. Do this over and over again as quickly as possible without missing a beat. After the last rocket is shot off, if you made them respawn quick enough, you should just be able to sit in the room and have them respawn in front of your face over and over again.
I can verify that this has nothing to do with causing the infinite spawn bug. With the better approach to farming this room I stated above, I can kill the group of 6 enemies instantly with a rocket launcher, wait 3-5 seconds, and instantly do it again. That means with a full launcher clip, I can kill 42 enemies (7 groups) in roughly ~30 seconds. So I assure you, speed does not play a factor in causing this bug.

MrMitchell

MrMitchell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven't gotten it to spawn infinitely, but there is an easier way than jumping on the ledge and back off again. Outside the front door (the opening/door you come to first), just double jump there - make sure you aren't hitting the ceiling though. If you do that, they spawn every 3-5 seconds and you don't have to keep running into the room and shooting at an angle. You'll have a direct shot right into the room. Bring a rocket launcher and you will clean house.

I'll have to try this, thank you!

S

Sam Abken

Reaction score
Sin$
Bro this is just the war that happens ever so often. -.-
I don't understand why so many people are saying this. The war happens only in areas with 2 factions already fighting. There is only one faction in this area AND I think this is one of the only areas that does not have events.

H

Hobo A1

Reaction score
Sin$
Got this to work once the other night but it was only for a single spawn. After I killed them they did not spawn again until I did the jump.

Some details of what I remember:

I had a kill and collect patrol. Killed the mobs for a few rounds to get enough of the "kill and collect" items to drop. Ran in, grabbed enough items to finish the patrol. Then while standing in the big room, looking into the spawn room, the mobs spawned in again. Killed them all but the spawn did not occur again.

The only thing I can think of is I didn't kill them quick enough after the initial glitched spawn. Took me a couple seconds to realized it had happened because I had either reached for a drink or looked at something on my computer.

Only other thing to mention was I had a couple things downloading on my computer to try to lag my connection a little while i was doing this. Not sure if it made any difference.

Last English Rose

Last English Rose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you guys should just reapeatedly play the level 26 vanguard strikes its far more efficient for for earning alot more blue and purple engrams as well as getting marks and vanguard rep. not only that its far more fun than standing in one spot for 4hours

Endless Bucketts

Endless Bucketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you guys should just reapeatedly play the level 26 vanguard strikes its far more efficient for for earning alot more blue and purple engrams as well as getting marks and vanguard rep. not only that its far more fun than standing in one spot for 4hours
i would much rather shoot in one spot than doing strikes for 4 hours and getting like 8 blue engrams

LachlanMartin

LachlanMartin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i would much rather shoot in one spot than doing strikes for 4 hours and getting like 8 blue engrams

Are you kidding? Does it take you 30 minutes a strike? Plus you usually get about 3 engrams a strike, I finish strikes in about 15 minutes. That's rougly 45 every 4 hours, plus drops

Endless Bucketts

Endless Bucketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you kidding? Does it take you 30 minutes a strike? Plus you usually get about 3 engrams a strike, I finish strikes in about 15 minutes. That's rougly 45 every 4 hours, plus drops
it takes me about 30 mins yeah i get scrubs as team mates

Last English Rose

Last English Rose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
you might get more engrams farming but to be fair 90% at least are pointless green ones strikes reward you better

H

Hobo A1

Reaction score
Sin$
I definitely think overall that doing strikes yields better results but they require me to be more involved and pay attention.

I can mindlessly do a simple loot cave like this while doing something else.

Plus I thought there might be some potential for AFK'ing this one.

undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly in my opinion it depends. Strikes can get you some good stuff and EXP. However farming is good if you also need Glimmer. Those greens can be dismantled for Glimmer and you can activate a item that gives glimmer bonus for whichever enemy you are farming.

XBAX WAN

XBAX WAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My bad, it really doesn't show much but a doorway that he is standing in. Doesn't show any scenery or a verification point. Real bad tut. I honestly think the video I uploaded is the one he is speaking about.
Yeah this seems to be it how he has explainee and to that video seems pretty much the same

sicurri

sicurri

Fortitudinem Et Honorem
Contest Sponsor AzzidReign Jr Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Some of you may remember me from HIH.

Either way, I was doing some engram farming today on venus, the one with the Y axis spawn reset and I started to notice something strange. The enemies were respawning before I got a chance to double jump off the door frame. I ran inside the room to grab my engram drops and the enemies spawned while I was in the room. As I went into the little cubby that they actually appear in, they spawned right next to me. So I figured hey, may as well farm the hell out of it while I can. It was beauty. If someone came into the game and interrupted the spawn, I would just wait it out and as soon as they left it went back to being instant respawns without me having to move from the doorway at all.

I attempted to recreate this a few times to see if it was a one time thing and it wasn't. I can recreate it every time. I don't have a video of the process but I have a short one of the end result. I'll upload it and link to it here with an update when finished. Below I'll also outline exactly how I did it.

Ok, to do the spawn overload (or whatever this will end up being called) you go to the loot cave on Venus, the one where you jump off the door frame and the servitor, vandals, and dregs spawn, make sure you have a rocket launcher and full ammo for it.
Kill everyone in the room, go outside and initiate the spawn again but don't enter the room. As soon as you land on the ground, shoot a rocket into the small opening in the door way, if you got the angle right everything should die with one rocket. As soon as you shoot the rocket, jump up onto the doorway again and initiate the spawn. Do this over and over again as quickly as possible without missing a beat. After the last rocket is shot off, if you made them respawn quick enough, you should just be able to sit in the room and have them respawn in front of your face over and over again. 
As promised here is the video link. First time uploading a crappy cell phone video to tinypic so hopefully it works. Also before anyone asks, I was doing this entirely solo.

http://tinypic.com/r/2yy4d8l/8
Hmm... someone dabs.... lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register