• Thread starter critical limitt
  • Start date
  • Views 963
critical limitt

critical limitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so the recent update has taken away op55... do you guys thinks its good or bad? also will we ever be able to get it back. im not sure if i want it back but hey lets hear your thoughts on the matter

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Good.
It wont be back.

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't really care. But on behalf on people in open games out there, I'm glad its gone... And I don't think it will ever come back.

blusty

blusty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was pathetic to take it away....just another retarded move from Gearbox to remove any semblance of fun from the game
I do feel bad for those who had to put up with OP55 players online but why penalise modders and solo players who like to play around for fun?......they didnt adversely affect anyones else's game

I also find it hypocritical in the xtreme to see how some players are glad OP55 is gone when they support the use of extremely modded gear and weapons and in fact were the creators of such weapons.....either ALL modding of BL2 is bad and we should play it 100% LEGIT and seek to frown upon everyone who mods this game or we accept that modding this game is fun and ok in whatever form it takes.....you cant have your cake and eat it too

And while i'm on a roll here, i'm actually seeing the exact same anti-modding stance in these forums from some posts, which absolutely plagued and destroyed the GBX forums, and it actually upsets me.....it seems once GBX patched this game to make modding impossble, suddenly modding has become a dirty word here even in these forums

Mr Yuck

Mr Yuck

The most Awesome Noob...
Reaction score
Sin$
I had one for a few weeks and sure it was fun in the beginning but got boring really quick. It's kinda like drinking a milkshake the first few sips and your thinking thats nice. Then after awhile you get a headache.

Baconator119

Baconator119

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was pathetic to take it away....just another retarded move from Gearbox to remove any semblance of fun from the game
I do feel bad for those who had to put up with OP55 players online but why penalise modders and solo players who like to play around for fun?......they didnt adversely affect anyones else's game
If you go into an open lobby and start killing raid-bosses in 1 shot, that's not fun. It may be fun for you, but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I also find it hypocritical in the xtreme to see how some players are glad OP55 is gone when they support the use of extremely modded gear and weapons and in fact were the creators of such weapons.....either ALL modding of BL2 is bad and we should play it 100% LEGIT and seek to frown upon everyone who mods this game or we accept that modding this game is fun and ok in whatever form it takes.....you cant have your cake and eat it too
There was creativity to creating hybrid weapons. This isn't creative, its just cheating the game so you can get an advantage. Hybrid modding was about creating cool weapons for the community.

And while i'm on a roll here, i'm actually seeing the exact same anti-modding stance in these forums from some posts, which absolutely plagued and destroyed the GBX forums, and it actually upsets me.....it seems once GBX patched this game to make modding impossble, suddenly modding has become a dirty word here even in these forums
Modding is possible if your on PC and have the latest update of cheat engine. Modding is not a dirty word on these forums. If it was, there wouldn't be forums about Modding & Glitching. And while it is true that Gearbox forums are ridiculous (I mean no duping? C'mon, you can't stop that), if you take a look at these forums you will find something different. We aren't anti-modding like Gearbox, we just don't like to see a game ruined.

VinDiesel1193

VinDiesel1193

Reaction score
Sin$
Glad to see it gone, I don't care if people Gib themselves the best gear or whatnot, but when they just bump their gear up to op55 and 1-shot everything then I have a problem. It was essentially godmode and made playing public games nearly impossible.

blusty

blusty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you go into an open lobby and start killing raid-bosses in 1 shot, that's not fun. It may be fun for you, but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

There was creativity to creating hybrid weapons. This isn't creative, its just cheating the game so you can get an advantage. Hybrid modding was about creating cool weapons for the community.

Modding is possible if your on PC and have the latest update of cheat engine. Modding is not a dirty word on these forums. If it was, there wouldn't be forums about Modding & Glitching. And while it is true that Gearbox forums are ridiculous (I mean no duping? C'mon, you can't stop that), if you take a look at these forums you will find something different. We aren't anti-modding like Gearbox, we just don't like to see a game ruined.

1: Who said i go into open lobby's and 1 shot raid bosses?......i've never played online and never will

2: I have to disagree with you in the strongest possible terms that you have equated modding with cheating....it is absolutely impossible to "cheat" in P VS E, you can only cheat in a P VS P set up where humans are involved and where an advantage can affect the outcome

3: Modding is possible if your on PC?..........ummm hate to spoil this for you, but modding is also possible on consoles, i use Gibbed all the time :smile:

4: You are absolutely correct that the GBX forums are really anal in their obsessive hatred of even something as harmless as Duping.....you cant even mention the word Duping in conversation whether you are advocating it or not otherwise they will infract you or ban you outright....retards, the whole lot of them

Sparfire

Sparfire

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I assume you mean me. For me, the difference between modded gear and op 55 are obvious. Maybe they are not to you. Op 55 is just plain One Shot Mode, which just ruined online play for people. I dont say that it was not useful for some players, but it looked like it did more bad than good for the community, regarding online play.

Hybrid gear was fun, not necessarily One Shot at all. A huge variety of fun/powerful/useless gear for people to change up their game with. And you could not even bring it to a online game, without going by Sanctuary first.

And for your "can't have your cake and eat it too" comment. I'm not allowed to have an opinion that is between those two absolutes? That makes no sense... I'm not a fanatic, I don't go for extremes.

irving102

irving102

If you are reading this, you can read.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i bought this game when i came out never herd of this

P

Paul W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It ruined a lot of online play for me. I like to be modded and use modded items. I use them with reason. I still like to fight the bosses and I don't like when someone one shots them, or kills everything and doesn't let others have any kills too. Everyone likes to kill something.

H

HoldUlikeA6Pack

Reaction score
Sin$
i didnt mind op55 why? bcuz no one ever joined my game lol. i did always keep a op55 bee with me so i can power level op levels for my frens and cool ppl i meet online. thats about it. what took about 15mins or less to get them to op8 is now longer and i really dont wanna do it anymore or mod my stats to get them through op8. yeah op55 bee will be missed by me lol

Mr Yuck

Mr Yuck

The most Awesome Noob...
Reaction score
Sin$
I chaned them to op55 so no 1 shot
So why not just get an old boosting save and play on the 4th playthrough. Saves time instead of changing the lvls to OP55. Plus if you have a modded BAR you can still take them down usuing OP8 gear anyways.

Top Bottom
Login
Register