[OTHER] Just out of Curiosity

DaVampireSpartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of Curiosity

Does anyone know how to make a program that would be able to do something similar to what they did with the N64's Super Mario 64 title screen. Where you were able to mess with Mario's face and such. I'm just wondering if that is possible to recreate... I'm sorry if you don't get what I am saying because I admit, I am wording it a bit strangely. Unfortunately though I can't word it any better at the moment. If anyone who understands this can let me know if this can be done and maybe can show me a place that can teach me how to do it, I would much appreciate it. Oh and any programming language will work for me. Thank you for your time.

- DaVampireSpartan

jumper7224

Reaction score
Re: Just out of Curiosity

um... I have to admit, I have no idea what you're talking about- could you post a link to a picture or a youtube movie?

Ibdc

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score

I know what you means, I just don't know how to go about doing it programmatically. Basically distorting and stretching a 3D model.

Andy 371

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's definitely possible to recreate, I'm positive it's not like a secret code or anything. But I am not an advanced programmer or anything so I'm not positive about how to go about it either.
Ibdc is right though it is just stretching and distortion of a 3D model, you can kinda do it with stuff in photoshop and that.

But I take it you (VampireSpartan) don't know that much about programming (if anything really), like me, I only got the basics.. But if you were to actually fluently know a programming language this would be a simple task...

DaVampireSpartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That would be a partial assumption. I don't know much about Graphics programming and 3d modeling. I know basics about 2D graphics and having them move around but that's it for graphics. I know basics and a good knowledge of C# and VB and I am starting to learn Java. Thanks for the help and thanks IBDC for getting what I was trying to say.

Thilo

Contributor
Reaction score

Im actuall going to help, and not flame for once.

Only becuase tomorrow is my b-day and I fell good.

K.

No offense, but you obviously cannot program.

So.

You want to work with 3D models, with interactivness.

So.

Winsauce.

DaVampireSpartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, first of all, Happy birthday. Next, I do know how to program as I said in my last post. Also I know about Alice, but I want to know how to program it and be able to distort it and such. Thank you for your help though.

Top Bottom