Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Heres the story,

I have a friend and he gave me an xbox for FREE, Heres the contents:

1 Controller
1 Xbox
1 Video Cable
1 Power Cable

The problem is... I want to install XBMC. now heres the BIG PROBLEM: I dont have the original HDD nor do i have any
Action replay Xbox or ANYTHING!!! Now, what i do have is an 80GB IDE HDD dont know whats on it and i dont think i have a PC to hook up to. I have literaly NO MONEY but i have a good amount of DVD+R DVD+R DL and CD-R's i have read tutorials online on many different sites,(Not naming them) But to no Avail. This is my first Attempt at modding an original Xbox. Some tutorials I've read said i need some sort of "auto Hdd installer" so i DL'ed that and burnt the ISO to a Dvd+r and tried that in the xbox with the 80gb Hdd. Nope. didn't work.

If ANYONE, I MEAN ANYONE. Can help me in getting the HDD prepared, Such as running thru a tut, or linking me to one, It would be MUCH appreciated, I wouldnt be able thank you enough, lol, but,

Thanks in advance!

I

iBotPeaches

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me that the original HDD is still in the xbox. As you need to retain the same combo of drive and mobo in order to extract the eeprom.

Unless you have a modchip.

X

XxVIABLExX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me that the original HDD is still in the xbox. As you need to retain the same combo of drive and mobo in order to extract the eeprom.

Unfortunatly no, I don't have the original HDD nor do i have access to it, is there ANY method of getting the motherboard's info and somehow writing that to the HDD to make it compatible or is there a method you know of that i could try?

H

Heimdall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nonsense.

Get or build an Xbox eeprom reader, then use the eeprom with xboxhdm, the stock C files (from CASH / Slayers / AID) and Kingroach NDURE 3.1 to build and lock a new disk. As long as the new disk is lockable your Xbox will work perfectly.

P

PhR3sH Boii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just bought original xobox from resale shop for 20 bucks and it works perfectly

X

XxVIABLExX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nonsense.

Get or build an Xbox eeprom reader, then use the eeprom with xboxhdm, the stock C files (from CASH / Slayers / AID) and Kingroach NDURE 3.1 to build and lock a new disk. As long as the new disk is lockable your Xbox will work perfectly.

Is there a Link you can give me to a detailed tutorial? As this is my first time dealing with modding an original Xbox system.

H

Heimdall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xbox eeprom reader build and use instructions.

Xbox eeprom reader on eBay.

xboxhdm instructions.

Build your xboxhdm disk using the stock C from CASH / Slayers / AID, and Kingroach NDURE 3.1, and your eeprom.bin.

When you run Kingroach NDURE 3.1 the only options you need to select are your Kernel version under "Kernel Selection", and "Create XBOXHDM Installer" - leave all other options at their default settings. As you don't currently know your Kernel version, select "Unknown Kernel"

Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Put eeprom.bin into linux/eeprom/.

Connect the new hard disk to your PC and boot with xboxhdm, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 1 - Build a new Xbox HD from scratch. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select option 1 - Install Ndure [Install only ndure files]. Reboot your PC with the xboxhdm disc, select option 3 - Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities. Type lockhd -a

Put the disk in your Xbox, and turn it on.

I

ILLusiveman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do have a computer to hook the xbox up to (I know you said you didn't think so but just in case) you could just flash the TSOP...

Also what doesn't make sense is you are saying that you have a non-modded xbox without the original HDD which is not possible because the HDD is locked on xboxs that are not hard modded unless the xbox used to be modded but no longer is and I do not know why someone would un-mod an xbox

/ramble

Top Bottom