What's new

Question Original Xbox on rgh 360

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello everyone.

I have a Jasper Xbox 360 with RGH with an original 250 GB hdd . Everything seems to work just fine except for original Xbox games.

I've run the partition fixer and have compatibility files from Mathielu (the one with the working guide button, I think they're from November 2018).

All the games I've tried freeze after five minutes of game. If I stay in the menus they usually keep running fine, but when I try to start playing I can't do it for more than 3 to 5 minutes. After they freeze sometimes I can hit the guide button and the menu pops up but freezes anyway and the next step is to turn off the console with the power button.

When I turn on the console again it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to boot to FSD.

The games I've tried are Timesplitters 2 and 3, Morrowind (both regular and goty versions) and Land of the Dead. They all boot normally, with the twitching on the logo screen indicating the hacked files are working. The only game I can play as it supposed to is American McGee's Scrapland.

Thanks for your help.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've run the partition fixer and have compatibility files from Mathielu (the one with the working guide button, I think they're from November 2018).
I've never even heard of those files. The ones I use are from July 2011. It may coincidental in terms of the games you picked out to try. I will confirm that Morrowind works for me on my console.

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$
I've never even heard of those files. The ones I use are from July 2011. It may coincidental in terms of the games you picked out to try. I will confirm that Morrowind works for me on my console.

Oh yeah. He posted them on TW but they removed them.

I also used the 2011 files but the issue was the same.

This makes me think that maybe the issue is my HDD, but have never experienced problems with anything else.

Can I format a USB stick to run the Xbox games?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh yeah. He posted them on TW but they removed them.

I also used the 2011 files but the issue was the same.

This makes me think that maybe the issue is my HDD, but have never experienced problems with anything else.

Can I format a USB stick to run the Xbox games?
I run OG Xbox Games off of my external USB HDD. It is formatted to FAT32. Haven't had to do anything special formatting wise to run them.

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$
I run OG Xbox Games off of my external USB HDD. It is formatted to FAT32. Haven't had to do anything special formatting wise to run them.

Ok. Thanks for your comments. I will try using a USB stick since I can't go buying something better and the wife will notice any Amazon purchase. That's my quarantine.

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$

I moved my games to a USB stick and played Scarface: the world is yours yesterday. It played well during the prologue but got stuck when saving the game.
Tonight I'm gonna try The Thing or Morrowind. Let's see what happens.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I moved my games to a USB stick and played Scarface: the world is yours yesterday. It played well during the prologue but got stuck when saving the game.
Tonight I'm gonna try The Thing or Morrowind. Let's see what happens.
Even with hacked backwards compat files, some games just won't work on a JTAG/RGH. Some examples I have had trouble with are The Matrix The Path of Neo and Cold Fear. Best of luck.

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$
Even with hacked backwards compat files, some games just won't work on a JTAG/RGH. Some examples I have had trouble with are The Matrix The Path of Neo and Cold Fear. Best of luck.

Jeez! Cold fear was one I was eager to play.
Maybe is best to buy an of Xbox console.

How much HDD capacity can support an og Xbox?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Jeez! Cold fear was one I was eager to play.
Maybe is best to buy an of Xbox console.

How much HDD capacity can support an og Xbox?
Not sure what you mean by how much HDD capacity can support an OG xbox. Games have different sizes.

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$
Not sure what you mean by how much HDD capacity can support an OG xbox. Games have different sizes.

I meant the storage capacity in the console itself. I've read that it had an 8 GB hard drive. Can you replace that with something bigger? Or can you use an external storage unit?

Going back to the original issue, yesterday I tried playing Morrowind and had no luck. I was able to play like two minutes after you input your characters name.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I meant the storage capacity in the console itself. I've read that it had an 8 GB hard drive. Can you replace that with something bigger? Or can you use an external storage unit?

Going back to the original issue, yesterday I tried playing Morrowind and had no luck. I was able to play like two minutes after you input your characters name.
Replacing an OG Xbox's hard drive is actually a fairly involved process. I don't recall the size limits.

But wow that's crazy it does not work. Morrowind should work as it does on mine. If I think of anything I will be sure to come back and let you know.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

In the original first gen Xbox's,they came with a 10gb internal HDD.You can not swap that out for a bigger drive on a stock/unmodded system.It has to be modded.Here you have 2 choices.Hardmod (modchip) or Softmod (using a few files on a small 2gb USB pen drive) and using an Xbox game exploit (which i use Splinter Cell) to Softmod the old first gen Xbox's.
Once your Xbox is modded and you take out the 10gb HDD and pop in a bigger size (upto 2gb drives can be used) but the old IDE HDD's are getting a bit expensive these days,so you can buy an IDE to SATA board and use a SATA HDD.You then need the.Slayers ISO disc file and burn that to a blank disc.Open the Xbox DVD tray,pop in the burnt Slayers disc,close the tray and power off the console.Then power back on and it should power up via the Slayers disc.From that disc,you can select the option to rebuild your HDD,with the option of is your console is hardmodded (modchip) or Softmodded.
I strongly urge you though to do some research (Youtube is outstanding for video tuturials on Xbox modding) and take it from there.

F

Faus88

Reaction score
Sin$
Replacing an OG Xbox's hard drive is actually a fairly involved process. I don't recall the size limits.

But wow that's crazy it does not work. Morrowind should work as it does on mine. If I think of anything I will be sure to come back and let you know.

Weird thing is that yesterday I tried again with Timesplitters 2 and it worked fine (even not being on the official compatibility list). I'm gonna guess that in the case of Morrowind is just a bad rip.
Post automatically merged:

In the original first gen Xbox's,they came with a 10gb internal HDD.You can not swap that out for a bigger drive on a stock/unmodded system.It has to be modded.Here you have 2 choices.Hardmod (modchip) or Softmod (using a few files on a small 2gb USB pen drive) and using an Xbox game exploit (which i use Splinter Cell) to Softmod the old first gen Xbox's.
Once your Xbox is modded and you take out the 10gb HDD and pop in a bigger size (upto 2gb drives can be used) but the old IDE HDD's are getting a bit expensive these days,so you can buy an IDE to SATA board and use a SATA HDD.You then need the.Slayers ISO disc file and burn that to a blank disc.Open the Xbox DVD tray,pop in the burnt Slayers disc,close the tray and power off the console.Then power back on and it should power up via the Slayers disc.From that disc,you can select the option to rebuild your HDD,with the option of is your console is hardmodded (modchip) or Softmodded.
I strongly urge you though to do some research (Youtube is outstanding for video tuturials on Xbox modding) and take it from there.

Thanks. Maybe a 2TB would pack the whole Xbox library.

Doing that would cost me like $150 (including the console)

M

MLConian

Reaction score
Sin$
Rebuilding the HDD is quite the process - I vividly remember swapping my original HDD for an 80GB IDE drive. You need to be able to mount the drive on your pc as well, so be sure to get an IDE to USB adapter so you can actually get to the disk. I even used an older motherboard that still had IDE connectors.

Top Bottom
Login
Register