What's new

Solved original xbox does not recognize any HDD !!

• Thread starter somacast007
  • Start date
  • Views 205
S

somacast007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I got a modded xbox, the MB is 1.6 (new power supply cable and no fan on GPU), it had 5 bad capacitors on MB (all of the 3300 uf were leaked), I replaced all of them and it works, it reads disks, but does not read any HDD !!!

I tried 2 HDD, one of them is stock restored HDD by the slayer 2.7 CD, the other one is a customized HDD from another console !! none accepted by the console ,

is there something wrong here? I tried the slayer 2.7 CD, it shows all partitions (C, E, F) as zero !!! , so what is the issue?

does 1.6 MB have special jumper settings ? I tried cable select, I tried master, slave , none is ok, !

what is going on ? thanks

S

somacast007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
update:
i unsoldered the modchip (evox) , still the console refuses 2 hdd i tried on (original xbox hdds both locked).
it now gives error 06 instead of 16,
it gave me 21 when i tried to load a game instead of slayer 2.7 cd before soldering out the chip

thnx

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
S

somacast007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't messed with the og xbox for awhile, but you can give this thread a go:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/45639-XBOX-error-code-6

Thanks really for the link , well partially I have tried that, I ran the slayer 2.7 DVD, it worked, the problem is it shows all partitions of HDD as zeros !! (which is working HDD and tested on another xbox as a retail HDD) , even after re-formatting and locking it, it still shows zeros !!

so as far as I remember there is something in the menu of the slayer DVD talking about EPROM, shall I do something there ? can it rebuild it or so ?

Thanks ...

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
Thanks really for the link , well partially I have tried that, I ran the slayer 2.7 DVD, it worked, the problem is it shows all partitions of HDD as zeros !! (which is working HDD and tested on another xbox as a retail HDD) , even after re-formatting and locking it, it still shows zeros !!

so as far as I remember there is something in the menu of the slayer DVD talking about EPROM, shall I do something there ? can it rebuild it or so ?

Thanks ...

If you can rebuild it then that's what you want to do. The EEPROM from what I remember is like a hdd key. If you don't have one then there's no way to communicate the hdd from the mobo.

Top Bottom