What's new

Discussion Origin of JTag?

Gibs

Gibs

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone post a brief history on what people helped find out the jtag and where the name comes from or just link me to it? Thanks a lot. Any help will be +repped

StylohyoiD

StylohyoiD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
apparently a microsft employee presented it as a cheeper dev kit or a dev kit for independent devolpers but they denied it so he relased the plans online

Gibs

Gibs

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just don't see how he could be put in jail for releasing plans for a modified console. I have had jtags since they were kind of released and just don't see how it is illegal.

M

moeiscool

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
the plans were owned by MS even if he did make it. releasing MS's stuff made them madzors. just a guess

Rally

Rally

Experienced Member
Mythical Veteran Tutorial Creator Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The maker of the Jtag, was in fact Microsoft employee, Possibly one of the motherboard technicians? and so, he then tried to present the jtag to Microsoft and try and sell it as a Microsoft product, to the public. Microsoft rejected the idea and in turn that guy, leaked it too the public, and he is now in canada and has a fed warrant put for his arrest, in the US.

off that top of my head thats what i remember from when i read the history about it :smile:

OneShot

OneShot

n.n
Retired
End of the Year 2010 End of the Year 2011 Artist
Reaction score
Sin$
apparently a microsft employee presented it as a cheeper dev kit or a dev kit for independent devolpers but they denied it so he relased the plans online
No.

the plans were owned by MS even if he did make it. releasing MS's stuff made them madzors. just a guess
No.

The maker of the Jtag, was in fact Microsoft employee, Possibly one of the motherboard technicians? and so, he then tried to present the jtag to Microsoft and try and sell it as a Microsoft product, to the public. Microsoft rejected the idea and in turn that guy, leaked it too the public, and he is now in canada and has a fed warrant put for his arrest, in the US.

off that top of my head thats what i remember from when i read the history about it :smile:
No.

The Jtag was not invented, by an Ms employee. Read the credits on this: http://free60.git.so...ack.txt;hb=HEAD

Which i'll put right here:
A lot. First, thanks to all of you which have been working on Xbox 360reverse engineering. Thanks to everybody involved in technical discussionson xboxhacker.net.

(in order of appearance)recovery of CB1920 by robinsod,
initial JTAG reverse enginneering by tmbinc,
getting important facts straight by SeventhSon,
first description of how it worked out by Martin_sw,
SMC JTAG code, lots of testing and debugging by Tiros
,jester, for proofreading of this document

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Edit
damn u iR x OneShot o
couldn't you have waited after i posted all of this hahaha

Chuck Norris made the first JTAG.

according to clown it was chuck norris

Stupid question, it was obviously me :smile:

according to yamaha, it was him. which means he's chuck norris

A drunken programmer with no idea of what the hell he was doing to his xbox.

according to whoever this guy is, yamaha (chuck norris) is a drunkin programmer who had no idea what he was doing

Bill Gates. He then leaked the information to make money off bans.

apparently yamaha (chuck norris) had the ability to jtag his xbox because bill gates gave him the plans

For Realz

Tmbinc/free60 and friends. Funny how people forget (or weren't around to remember) who the true hackers are.

wasnt free60 mad a tmbinc for releasing such knowledge to the public before the "smc hack" was fully working?

Story brought to you by:
Code:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/210431-who-created-the-first-jtag/

Top Bottom
Login
Register