• Start date
  • Views 238
Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I have a future decision I will have to make -eventually- and I wanted to play out my options here first. Information: I currently own a Jasper JTAG which works fine and is my bby. My retail is the original launch slim with the 250gb hdd. Now, I stopped playing xbox for about 1-2 years I believe and during that time my slim was literally just lost in storage. When I finally found it a few weeks ago it was pretty bad looking. Lots of dust and the fan doesn't seem to spin as fast.

I believe my retail slim is on its last legs. The air is blows out is 100x hotter than how my jasper feels which runs at roughly 53c. It also occasionally freezes up during games and randomly beeps (as if I hit a censor) sometimes though not as often anymore. I feel like eventually it's just going to overheat or RROD etc.

So my question is. What should I do -next-. I feel it would be foolish to just go out and buy a brand new 360 when xbox one is out. But then that would sort of make my JTAG obsolete as I don't typically put it online often and usually use it for JTAG>Retail modding or just messing around with homebrew apps.

I'm thinking of perhaps getting a new slim but perhaps having it be an RGH with the dual nand feature? I never read too much into it but it seems like that might be more bang for my buck than just buying a brand new retail.

My other option was to just say forget about it and get the xbox one and leave my jtag alone. Which would leave it to be very lonely ;-;

WHAT DO.

GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would just get a dual nand. I own an Xbox One and it hasnt even been powered on since March. I literally only played it for a month then went back to 360. I would wait about a year to get Xbox One. Maybe it is alright now, since it has been a few months now. I would say to just buy a dual nand and then wait until 2015 for the Xbox One.

Jollyblue

Jollyblue

Getting There
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I would just get a dual nand. I own an Xbox One and it hasnt even been powered on since March. I literally only played it for a month then went back to 360. I would wait about a year to get Xbox One. Maybe it is alright now, since it has been a few months now. I would say to just buy a dual nand and then wait until 2015 for the Xbox One.

See I was thinking about that too, there aren't -THAT- many games out for the xbox one. While I still have a crap ton of normal 360 games I could still play and enjoy with friends. But then I would have to wonder about the dual nand RGH.

1. Since it's a dual nand, does that mean if you got banned while on your modified nand would your retail nand be okay and your console still hop online like normal? Is it fairly easy to switch between the two nands before bootups?

2. I'm assuming dual nands are a RGH only type thing. If so, do people have a preferred board for RGHing? Like how Jasper was and I still believe to be the best JTAG board?

3. Do you know of any recommended re-sellers of RGH's that I could browse to get a price range?

GreatJourney

GreatJourney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You could search on TTG. But you have to have to different kv's for a dual nand. The one for the retail, and one on your RGH. So whenever your RGH gets banned, your retail will be on its kv. And all you have to do to switch it is, turn your console completely off, and press the switch in the back, then turn back on. 
And also, not many people have the Xbox One so you play alone a lot.

Top Bottom
Login
Register