Solved Optional Media Update Issues

• Thread starter simmthd3
  • Start date
  • Views 5,482
S

simmthd3

Reaction score
Sin$
I just had my xbox jtag finished and all of my games and things run great, BUT none of my videos play. All of the videos are stored on a fat32 external hdd and I have mp4 and avi files. I also have the optional media update on an xbox-formatted usb.

I get 2 different erros when trying to play videos, none of which i can find described anywhere online. Some of the videos are HD and others SD, but all are xbox 360 compatible because they all play completely fine if that hard drive is plugged into my slim instead.

The displayed status codes are:
69-8007000E
69-80004001

The only other thing I could think of was running a re-downloaded copy of Optional Media Update through YarisSwap first, but I'm still getting the same errors after trying that too.

Gwiggle

Gwiggle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It does this to me on my retail xbox if i am not signed into live. even though i have the update downloaded it still says cant play until i sign in.

J

Johnpoop27

Reaction score
Sin$
It does this to me on my retail xbox if i am not signed into live. even though i have the update downloaded it still says cant play until i sign in.
Let me know if you figured this out as I'm having issues play videos on my jtag .but I can watch the same ones from the same USB on my normall xbox

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Let me know if you figured this out as I'm having issues play videos on my jtag .but I can watch the same ones from the same USB on my normall xbox
Is your JTAG on the latest dash? Additionally if its true that you have to be signed into LIVE for them to work (I dont know myself) you could drive the fakelive option on dashlaunch (not good to leave it on though).

Top Bottom
Login
Register