Status
Not open for further replies.
NerdysMods

NerdysMods

LOL THATS NOT MY BIRTHDAY
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I have a wrt1900ac router with openwrt on it and I got the vpn configured just fine but what I'm trying to do is make another wireless single to connect for when I want it off mostly for Netflix and hulu cause some shows won't let me watch or disappear with it on. So I got 2 WiFi signals going and one interface Lan (the default one) with openvpn and I made interface call no_vpn and got it working to the point of it where it seems like it only works with Google sites. Looked everywhere and seems like people are saying ipv6 is not configured right. I did Google what my Ip and it comes up with a ipv6 Ip. Any thoughts what could I be missing?

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so I have a wrt1900ac router with openwrt on it and I got the vpn configured just fine but what I'm trying to do is make another wireless single to connect for when I want it off mostly for Netflix and hulu cause some shows won't let me watch or disappear with it on. So I got 2 WiFi signals going and one interface Lan (the default one) with openvpn and I made interface call no_vpn and got it working to the point of it where it seems like it only works with Google sites. Looked everywhere and seems like people are saying ipv6 is not configured right. I did Google what my Ip and it comes up with a ipv6 Ip. Any thoughts what could I be missing?
since you have a dual band router, though I'm not familiar with Linksys, and actually would've recommend you go with Asus 2400 or Nighthawk by netgear, but I'm assuming its too late for that. If you have back tracked all your work and have made sure you have all of your IP correct then it could be as simple as your router needing an update. My 5ghz shts out whenever it needs to be updated.

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Sin$
since you have a dual band router, though I'm not familiar with Linksys, and actually would've recommend you go with Asus 2400 or Nighthawk by netgear, but I'm assuming its too late for that. If you have back tracked all your work and have made sure you have all of your IP correct then it could be as simple as your router needing an update. My 5ghz shts out whenever it needs to be updated.
Yea I got the router like last year when I was living at my parents and then I got an apartment this year and put openwrt on it. Yea I think I got it set up right got that interface practicality copied the Lan interface and firewall settings.. Only thing that is different is I don't have the vpn going through it.. Tried eth0 and eth0.1 both do the same.. Might have try a different firmware version I'm on chaos calmer 15.05 rc3 and yea I can't seem to get my 5Ghz to work either

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I got the router like last year when I was living at my parents and then I got an apartment this year and put openwrt on it. Yea I think I got it set up right got that interface practicality copied the Lan interface and firewall settings.. Only thing that is different is I don't have the vpn going through it.. Tried eth0 and eth0.1 both do the same.. Might have try a different firmware version I'm on chaos calmer 15.05 rc3 and yea I can't seem to get my 5Ghz to work either
I would like for a newer firmware, if not just reset everything and start for the scratch. Other than that you said you hit everything...

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I meant to ask too, is the router only working off of one band or not at all?

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Sin$
I meant to ask too, is the router only working off of one band or not at all?
how do i tell? i set up 2 wireless signals (2.4ghz cause 5ghz dosnt work) one linked to lan and the other is linked to vpn off

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
how do i tell? i set up 2 wireless signals (2.4ghz cause 5ghz dosnt work) one linked to lan and the other is linked to vpn off
most likely working off of only one then, I would rinse and repeat all the work you just did. What exactly are you trying to achieve that the router doesn't do out of the box? Maybe I can help more then?

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Sin$
most likely working off of only one then, I would rinse and repeat all the work you just did. What exactly are you trying to achieve that the router doesn't do out of the box? Maybe I can help more then?
what im trying to do is have one wireless ssid with vpn on all the time and another wireless ssid with vpn off.. pretty much what i have done is copied the default lan interface and renamed it no_vpn.. and got it working to only google search seems to only load

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
what im trying to do is have one wireless ssid with vpn on all the time and another wireless ssid with vpn off.. pretty much what i have done is copied the default lan interface and renamed it no_vpn.. and got it working to only google search seems to only load
are you sure its just not very slow? Google searches load faster cause they don't take much.

NerdysMods

NerdysMods

Reaction score
Sin$
are you sure its just not very slow? Google searches load faster cause they don't take much.
This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

thats what i get..even on my phone when i try to load other site like se7ensins 
when i connect to my other ssid that has the vpn it works just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register