• Thread starter KUSHTIN64
  • Start date
  • Views 757
K

KUSHTIN64

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey i was looking for some help. I recently accidently broke my Xbox 360 slim, and has been stuck using my old xbox 360 arcade. It has been working fine til recently Ive got the "open tray error" my black ops will be in but it will still say open tray, Ive tried all my other games and it still dosent work. Ive tried the "Tapping" method, turning on and off or whatever. s*** dosent work. then i just put a dvd in, but it works? im thinking either my laser or something is dirty? or its just broke idk... But any ideas on how i can fix this before sending it in? Someone told me a dvd cleaner disc would work. Or spraying compressed or air duster into it?

K

koo PARKER man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my xbox did that too but i whacked the top of the xbox when it was loading then it worked and now it works fine so its porbably your laser

nick126

nick126

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
1. clean out the drive completely
2. clean the laser

if that doesn't help it any, you should replace the laser in the drive if you have a spare drive.

1nfam0us

XBlackChaosX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My cousin had this same problem. I don't know if you're comfortable with opening the 360 but if you are, check to see if there is dust build up in the drive, if there is then clean it with compressed air, then check the lens to see if the laser is in the right position (it needs to be in the middle) after that clean the lens with alcohol and a q-tip. Check if it is working if it is not then your drive is bad. Buy a replacement drive on ebay (to avoid the hassle of spoofing your drive try to get the same brand and model then all you will have to do is take out your pcb board off the broken drive and place it in the new one. That's what i had to do with my cousin's drive. It took me less then a minute to change the pcb board & connect the drive back to the 360.

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are comfortable opening your console, try a POT tweak (if you have a newer drive). You can find tutorials for this all over the interwebs.

S

Seighten

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is how i fixed one of my DVD Drives
Open up the dvd drive.You should see the laser now, If the laser is all the way back on the tracks push it back to the front(Center of the DVD Drive). If the laser is already in the Center of the DVD Drive when you opened it then just get a New DVD Drive(Has to be the same one) And replace the Board in the new DVD Drive with your old DVD Drives board.

Top Bottom
Login
Register