Solved Open Tray Error Question

• Thread starter ty53ler
  • Start date
  • Views 482
T

ty53ler

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone, I flashed my liteon drive a few days ago for the first time and I forgot to disconnect the ribbon on the laser and I believe the flashing process killed my laser because now I get the open tray error for originals and burned copies. My laser was already weak before and I struggled with the open tray error before so I think the flash might have just pushed it over the edge. My question is I just ordered a new laser for my drive thinking this was the problem without asking anyone first. Should the new laser fix my open tray error? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

zpersi1995

zpersi1995

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone, I flashed my liteon drive a few days ago for the first time and I forgot to disconnect the ribbon on the laser and I believe the flashing process killed my laser because now I get the open tray error for originals and burned copies. My laser was already weak before and I struggled with the open tray error before so I think the flash might have just pushed it over the edge. My question is I just ordered a new laser for my drive thinking this was the problem without asking anyone first. Should the new laser fix my open tray error? Thanks, any help is appreciated.
I've never unplugged the lasers and have never had a problem, but if its saying open tray then its possible its a bad flash, try putting a dvd in and seeing if that plays.

T

ty53ler

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting open tray on DVD's as well. How can I tell if it is a bad flash? Everything seemed to go smoothly in jungleflasher I'm pretty sure I completed all the steps correctly. I did a bunch of searching before and it seems like a number of people have had this problem but I've never seen a definitive answer on how to fix this problem. I also tried the POT tweak which also did not work. Any ideas on what I should do next?

zpersi1995

zpersi1995

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting open tray on DVD's as well. How can I tell if it is a bad flash? Everything seemed to go smoothly in jungleflasher I'm pretty sure I completed all the steps correctly. I did a bunch of searching before and it seems like a number of people have had this problem but I've never seen a definitive answer on how to fix this problem. I also tried the POT tweak which also did not work. Any ideas on what I should do next?
If it wont play DVD's its likely not a bad flash, honestly liteons are pretty easy to do. You used all the correct equipment right? X360 usb and a probe?

Warrior Mods

Warrior Mods

Reaction score
Sin$
It also might be a bad burn on your disc, did you try playing a normal game?

T

ty53ler

Reaction score
Sin$
It also might be a bad burn on your disc, did you try playing a normal game?
Yeah original games and DVD's both do not work. I just flashed back to stock firmware and am still getting the open tray error so it must be hardware related with my liteon. I'm hoping the new laser will do the trick.

Warrior Mods

Warrior Mods

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah original games and DVD's both do not work. I just flashed back to stock firmware and am still getting the open tray error so it must be hardware related with my liteon. I'm hoping the new laser will do the trick.
Yeah it most likely is the laster in not that than it's the PCB. But I doubt it's that. Just be sure to keep your DVD Key.

T

ty53ler

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay guys I got my laser today and made the replacement and yes I did remove the anti solder blob thing. So after I put it all back together and got the new laser working I am still receiving an open tray error. I flashed back to stock to test the new laser with that and it is still not working. Any help on what to do next?

Warrior Mods

Warrior Mods

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay guys I got my laser today and made the replacement and yes I did remove the anti solder blob thing. So after I put it all back together and got the new laser working I am still receiving an open tray error. I flashed back to stock to test the new laser with that and it is still not working. Any help on what to do next?
Possibly bad PCB.

Top Bottom
Login
Register