• Thread starter ProjectDefy
  • Start date
  • Views 560
ProjectDefy

ProjectDefy

Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
So me and my friends recently wanted to LAN an my place and go online. I have a 40mb connection with with an average of 15mb upload. I usually get host when I'm alone and play by myself at my house, but when my friends came over, I noticed that our NAT type was either moderate and some were strict. I get a OPEN NAT when I'm by myself keep this in mind. We were unable to get host at all.

I was wondering if I am able to open the NAT for all xbox's instead of just one. I know I can port forward 1 xbox but If I try to port forward my friends xbox's, my router settings tell me that "this port" has been already opened or something like that.

Is there a way to get a OPEN NAT on multiple xbox's?

M

Matty Da Gimp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
becuase both xbox's are trying to get through the same port at the same time, it cant handle it so it splits between both of the xbox's making the dowload & upload lack in Power

M

Matty Da Gimp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when you connect each xbox to your network, i think if you go into advanced settings you can change which port.
im not to sure though, if i find out il tell you. good luck :smile:

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I use A Linksys router becuase it is reliable and the tech support is the best. Since Linksys routers have Firewall to protect you from outsiders you need to set certain ports to listening mode. That means you need to open ports that Xbox Live Server requires. Other brands of Router that doesn't have firewall doesn't need this. The ports are 53, 80, 88, and 3074. Since you are trying to make two Xbox consoles use those ports and you are trying to connect to a server, what you needto do is to use Port Range Triggering. You can't use Port Range Forwarding since it will only set those ports into listening mode to the IP address you set it. So if you use Port Range Forwarding it will only be open/available to one console(the one using the IP address).YOU NEED TO USE PORT RANGE TRIGGERING. Disable Port Range Forwarding and DMZ. YOU NEED TO ENABLE UPnP as well if your Linksys router have this option (other model doesn't have this option but it is said to be enabled in default settings according to their tech support). TO SOLVE THE LAG problem set your MTU size to 1364. This settings will work even if you have one or multiple consoles running behind the router. Just remember that you need to make sure first that you have a good connection from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Online gaming consumes a lot of bandwidth. So just couple things to do. Trigger the ports at the Port Range Triggering, set MTU to 1364 and make sure UPnP is enabled. Pleasegive me feed backs after you tried it.

Good Luck

ProjectDefy

ProjectDefy

Elite
Reaction score
Sin$
I use A Linksys router becuase it is reliable and the tech support is the best. Since Linksys routers have Firewall to protect you from outsiders you need to set certain ports to listening mode. That means you need to open ports that Xbox Live Server requires. Other brands of Router that doesn't have firewall doesn't need this. The ports are 53, 80, 88, and 3074. Since you are trying to make two Xbox consoles use those ports and you are trying to connect to a server, what you needto do is to use Port Range Triggering. You can't use Port Range Forwarding since it will only set those ports into listening mode to the IP address you set it. So if you use Port Range Forwarding it will only be open/available to one console(the one using the IP address).YOU NEED TO USE PORT RANGE TRIGGERING. Disable Port Range Forwarding and DMZ. YOU NEED TO ENABLE UPnP as well if your Linksys router have this option (other model doesn't have this option but it is said to be enabled in default settings according to their tech support). TO SOLVE THE LAG problem set your MTU size to 1364. This settings will work even if you have one or multiple consoles running behind the router. Just remember that you need to make sure first that you have a good connection from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Online gaming consumes a lot of bandwidth. So just couple things to do. Trigger the ports at the Port Range Triggering, set MTU to 1364 and make sure UPnP is enabled. Pleasegive me feed backs after you tried it.

Good Luck

I will try this. I have a linksys router as well (Cisco to be exact) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

ProjectDefy

ProjectDefy

Elite
Reaction score
Sin$

Good Luck

Is this how it's suppose to look?

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110501at815.png/

I did the other things though. I read that setting MTU to 1365 is better than 1364. Is that true?

Top Bottom
Login
Register