Unsolved only american xbox 360 can access U.S marketplace?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by blueagent, Jul 12, 2019 with 4 replies and 115 views.

1. blueagent

blueagent Newbie

Ratings:
    i already changed my xbox live account to U.S region, but my japanese xbox 360 console is still only showing me the local asia xbox360 marketplace instead of the U.S one.

does this mean i HAVE to buy a U.S xbox to access the U.S marketplace?

there is NO information about this on the internet other than to change xbox live account region which i've already tried, please let me know if you're familiar with how this works.

thank you so much!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. jezza3813

jezza3813 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure you have to set your 360 local region to u.s I think you do that in settings

3. OP
    blueagent

blueagent Newbie

Ratings:
    i did, i went to console settings and changed region to U.S, then i logged into my xbox live account on my computer and changed my region to U.S. after that, i turned on my xbox console again and logged into my gamertag, but its still not showing the U.S marketplace.

so i guess xbox LIVE account region change won't work unless your current ip address match the geographical location you're changing to?

4. jezza3813

jezza3813 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Maybe try using a VPN

5. OP
    blueagent

blueagent Newbie

Ratings:
    i know alot of people in the past used VPN to get to the Japanese xbox marketplace, i also heard that some of them got banned back in the day, so for me i don't want to risk a ban because i already bought a bunch of japanese games on the marketplace and i don't want to lose them.

i want to access the U.S marketplace to get trusty bell in English, i'm so sick and tired of my japanese version.

also, my 220watts japanese xbox 360 S official power supply can be plugged into a 120watts U.S xbox 360 S console right?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019