Online achievements -> reset/ban

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Kozzmic, Jul 1, 2009 with 31 replies and 1,479 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozzmic

Kozzmic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hi, i think most people dont know this. But ms has logs of u, if u were online at the time, played that game and u actually unlocked an achievement at that time.
    So emulating it 100% lets say with a tool, whatever, doesnt help.
    What they cant detect are offline achievement. I just wanted to let u know, cuz most think a hack it 100% would be legit. They spend rediculous amount of money on it too

2. PaV

PaV Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what? so if you unlock achievements offline with profile edit tool, they will find you?

3. ImaGonnaGetYou

ImaGonnaGetYou Enthusiast

Ratings:
    That seems like what he's saying.

I think the best idea for modding achievements is DON'T RISK IT unless you don't care whether you're LIVE-banned or not. Even if you have the best tool(s) available, there is no way to be sure that you won't get banned.

4. Angel11xPR

Angel11xPR Newbie

Ratings:
  5. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    BS, Microsoft doesn't even care and they don't obsess over it.

6. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    lol that is the dumbest post i have read. Doesn't matter if you do it on or offline the risk is always there. If you do it offline guess what? It updates to the database when you sign back on..

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Kozzmic

Kozzmic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Above me, no thats the dumbest thing ive ever read. U dont know what ur talking about.

Dont know about the profile edit programs workings, but if it does al checks it is suppossed to be doing, then unlocking offline achievements are ok, in legit order.

But whatever program u use, if u unlock online achievements with it, legit order, timestamped, they could check that in their logs.

Do they care, do they have a program for it to flag u? Who knows, i just give some info. 1st time u most likely will just get reset, 2nd time = ban. Or 1st time when u unlock like 300k in a day or something

8. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Actually i don't gamesave. I don't hex in my acheivements. I don't care about that number under my gamertag. I could care less if someone says they have a higher gamer score than me. I know how to hex in acheivements. Its easy. Do i do it? No because its pointless. Get it legit and you wouldn't have to worry about MS slapping your *** for hexing in the achievement. Because guess what your stupid little profile tool does? It hexes it in..... But if you think that just because you did it offline your safe then your retarded. Sorry but its true...

• Like Like x 4
  9. OP
    Kozzmic

Kozzmic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    U talking to me? I only have around 4k. I post this, cuz people pay to get reset. Cuz they are unaware

Oh yeah, offcourse u can do it offline, it just emulates what it does onto ur xbox, and since its offline they dont have logs. Thats if the creator of such tool knows how the system works.

10. MoRa

MoRa Banned

Ratings:
    And the dumbest thing people do is use the Profile Tool and get achievements offline for when the achievement says you need to be online in order to get it.

11. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    while that may be a requirement, there's no difference in offline/online-required achievements when it comes to the physical achievements themselves. Therefore, no way for microsoft to really check unless they did it on a per-achievement basis (ie check for offline-unlocked flags on specific achievements they KNOW needs to be unlocked online, and then log those accounts). Sounds like too much work for Microsoft to be employing.

12. joshandrok

joshandrok Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you unlock achievements that require you to be online offline then yes.. For example. In gears of war, you use profile tool to unlock seriously... Seriously is an online only achievement. So if you unlock it with profile tool then you will be caught. You can unlock all the story mode achievements you want offline. They can't prove anything. But if you unlock a multiplayer achievement offline then chances are.. You're busted...

13. Modified

Modified Getting There

Ratings:
    **** this. Look, if I get reset then fine. I don't give a ****.

14. xRiddik

xRiddik Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've been reset 7 times.
    4 times on the one account.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ... If you hexed achievements, it does not matter if you did it offline or online cause you can still get banned. Like Eclipse said, when you sign into live it updates their database with everything you did.

And I am pretty sure there is like 50 different threads on stuff like this floating around the forums.

16. OP
    Kozzmic

Kozzmic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    U can only hex achievements offline... DUH.

What u do offline achievement wise, cant be checked, since ur offline. If the program works like it should, theres nothing to worry about, because it would look like u just played offline legit, got it? Ms cant check that if its hexed, gamesaved or not, given, its all in order and depending if u unlock 1k and come back online 5 min later, or a day later and to 1k it, the game would take 300 hours. If they would check that, guess that aint simple for them either.

Online is a dfferent story and cannot be emulated unless with a hacked 360 and emulate the proces there while on live. Not quite soon

17. Niko Jims

Niko Jims Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My friend gave himself 50000 GS in one day and has yet to be banned. It's been 4 months I believe.

18. xRiddik

xRiddik Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Reset*

19. Weirdo009

Weirdo009 Banned

Ratings:
    Did anyone else read this with Napoleons Voice?
    :biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  20. jovon92

jovon92 Newbie

Ratings:
    I used a achievement tool a long time ago and still no ban but you still risk to get banned.:thumbup: