Solved Older Xbox Disassembly Help

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have 2 of the older white xbox 360s and I'm wanting to take parts from one and put on the other.
Simple right? Well I have a slight issue.
I don't own a Case Tool OR a T10 screwdriver. Are there any other ways to take it apart without the T10 or Case Tool?

H

H7SA

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
If you could find a small flat head screw driver that fits in there exactly, then you might. If not, you'll need to either find something that can substitute the screw driver or just go and buy the correct tools.

lMickeyb

lMickeyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's best of to use the right tool for the job, Hasn't your Dad, Friends or shops got any? If not you could use a small Flathead like TGK said or you could try a small knife.

Kankuro

Kankuro

How To Do?
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It's best of to use the right tool for the job, Hasn't your Dad, Friends or shops got any? If not you could use a small Flathead like TGK said or you could try a small knife.
I'm 22, don't live with my dad.
My room mate doesn't have the right size.
I'm broke.

albert5678

albert5678

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I have 2 of the older white xbox 360s and I'm wanting to take parts from one and put on the other.
Simple right? Well I have a slight issue.
I don't own a Case Tool OR a T10 screwdriver. Are there any other ways to take it apart without the T10 or Case Tool?
Melt the end of a BIC pen and stick it in the screw and let it sit for a little bit and your good to go.

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm 22, don't live with my dad.
My room mate doesn't have the right size.
I'm broke.
lol, Always research and get the right tools before starting a job. Next your going to want to swap the dvd drive but won't know you actually need to buy a $40 part to get the dvd keys. Or swap pcb if it is the same model which would be the easy way.

Either way, Just use a visegrip, lock it on the bolt and giver.

Top Bottom
Login
Register