• Thread starter HumphreyMax
  • Start date
  • Views 458
HumphreyMax

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone still have some old school games or the remastered ones from Steam or GoG? I was thinking about having an old school gaming night but its hard to find folks that appreciate the older games these days. Age of Empires II on Steam had a good remaster and so did Age of Mythology. I got AoE 3 but I don't really consider that old school and somewhere I have starcraft 1 but with the re-master out, I guess I could just buy that instead. Even a coop Duke Nukem 3d would be fun, I used to play it fairly often with a few friends.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone still have some old school games or the remastered ones from Steam or GoG? I was thinking about having an old school gaming night but its hard to find folks that appreciate the older games these days. Age of Empires II on Steam had a good remaster and so did Age of Mythology. I got AoE 3 but I don't really consider that old school and somewhere I have starcraft 1 but with the re-master out, I guess I could just buy that instead. Even a coop Duke Nukem 3d would be fun, I used to play it fairly often with a few friends.
Coc tiberian sun both original age of empires but dont use steam. Used to be able to do ip wan connection on the old games though.

Stronghold was another similar game and original diablo and d2. All old ones have crazy mods though.

Want to get a game on hmu.
Pm me for Skype

HumphreyMax

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With age of empires definitive edition coming out, I think I can effectively re-enjoy the old days.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
With age of empires definitive edition coming out, I think I can effectively re-enjoy the old days.
I didnt like what i saw of the remake. Id rather play on originals where you dont need a dual core to run a game made for windows 98 but to each their own

HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Just go with Halo CE and you surely won't be disappointed or some original Doom.

HumphreyMax

HumphreyMax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have all the dooms from GoG so far. Been looking for folks who want to play the original AoE or AoE 2 HD on Steam. Technically AoE 2 HD isn't old school since it's a remake but everything is still the same for the most part with additional civs. Just something I was looking to do, I miss the older games when they worked out of the box and didn't come with day 1 DLC.

Turtle wave

Turtle wave

Truth ent. Rgh support
Reaction score
Sin$
I have all the dooms from GoG so far. Been looking for folks who want to play the original AoE or AoE 2 HD on Steam. Technically AoE 2 HD isn't old school since it's a remake but everything is still the same for the most part with additional civs. Just something I was looking to do, I miss the older games when they worked out of the box and didn't come with day 1 DLC.
If you run the non steam versions you can add all kinds of custom units and extra stuff to them and can still play with direct connections no steam needed.

I mean original versions or an iso or disc. I have cracked no disc copies and isos of all the originals if anybody actually wanted to play i could show where to find or perhaps ill upload my copies to premium section.

I just don't like gog all games i have got from have missing content completly and are glitchy as well. Just have to run compatability modes to run original copies not missing anything.

Steam is too much like psn or xbl for me. Pc gaming shouldnt require steam everything used to just let you direct ip connect and play no seperate server required.

P

Polophylax

Reaction score
Sin$
Morrowind Rebirth is out now. Looking good, I will play for sure :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register