Okay I thought I seen.....

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Chaz32621, Feb 7, 2010 with 5 replies and 296 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaz32621

Chaz32621 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Thought I seen a thread about being able to use the mod for left four dead 2 outside of the local server, hench being in the offical dedicated server. If someone could point me in the right place thanks are always a plus. It seems like when I host local server it lags crazy for every one else is there any way I can get that to stop? I have really good internet dont think that would be the problem. But if you got a link to send me to that thread i know i seen it somewhere...

2. High Caliber

High Caliber Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Howie555, and tick72 were kind enough to mod my save file.
    the first one i got had "sv_cheats 1" added, "say where is it?" to the use key (duke), and swapped
    "vocalize smartlook" with "vocalize PlayerTaunt".

the "where is it" was drawing to much attention (dedicated servers).
    the next one i received did not have "sv_cheats 1".
    just swapped "vocalize smartlook" with the taunt one.

both work on dedicated servers. [coach] oh hell yeah! ha ha [/coach]

[edit] ask everyone to use party chat. in game voice chews up bandwidth.[/edit]

3. Vysse

Vysse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ya but that isnt everything...

@chaz your probably getting this confused with something someone posted about you being able to load your cheats on any local game...

4. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Dedicated servers run the sv_ stuff from the server so basically all you will be able to get working is

say
    vocalize
    explode (yourself)

I think that is pretty much it... I'm sure there's more but anything that requires sv_cheats 1 WILL NOT WORK on a dedicated server.

your second option is to:

find someone else who plays a lot and can also mod but has good internet.

as long as the host has sv_cheats on everyone can use commands in the game so you could have a full game of modders if you wanted...

5. StabThemBacks

StabThemBacks Enthusiast

Ratings:
    They don't need to be able to mod, as I've found that cheats spreads. This is very odd, because it doesn't in (I'm pretty sure)ANY other source engine game.

6. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:
    oh yeah good point you could just host a game and then have them join leave and host a game.

sv mods spread in all of valves games for the xbox they do in tf2 they do l4d1 and they still do in l4d2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.