oh crap. help? admins/ experienced modders

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by Gearhead 24, Nov 20, 2008 with 3 replies and 329 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gearhead 24

Gearhead 24 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    just got the error 21 code which doesnt seem to be a horrible error from what ive read but im not entirely sure how to fix it. i have a copy of my C drive backed up to my computer to replace it with but im just not sure that its complete. i got the error when i was trying to restore my origional dash through Krazie's Ndure installer. i went to restore general and thought that it would just restore the xbox like the "uninstall softmod" button on SID 4.0. im fairly new to modding and i dont know much so i kinda need help. im trying to make a recovery disk with the files that i do have using the extras that came with the Ndure installer package but again i dont know if my files are good.

What i can do: i can still get to my softmodded dashboard through splinter and i can still FTP my box with new files. i already tried doing this but i still get the error. I can still load games so i dont think any of the "drivers" i guess you would call them are bad.

I CANNOT boot my box and go to the regular xbox dash. which ive read is because it is booting off of a flag or sumthing. or booting and then immediately throwing up that flag
    I have to put my disk in and then do a cold boot to get it to load instead of going to the error code.

if anyone can help me or knows where i can get a CLEAN backup of all original files that would help. im going to try this disk but i would appreciate any advice to help. if it doesnt work im just going to buy another one.

I dont think that my timing is too great either. with the release of the NXBE i think im gonna have a bit more trouble. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Edit- NVM found clean backup. trying david's suggestion of using ForrestMaster's TUT on how to reformat HDD to factory Default.

2. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    If you can load the game you softmodded with then get into the softmod installer and hit restore MS backup and it should fix everything.

3. OP
    Gearhead 24

Gearhead 24 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It doesnt offer that unfortunately. i am getting random errors now. for some reason when i attempted to overwrite the files with my C backup from my pc, it didnt get rid of Ndure's installer and then i obviously made my back up after i had already softmodded it so i also have Sid 4 files on there. (i originally softmodded it with SID) so i did a reboot and it brought up the MS dash some how and then it said that i had to dl the new XBE update and when i went to do that i got the black screen of death saying Error 21 some more. I have the files for a rescue disk but i really need an ISO before i can continue. can anybody send me an ISO? if i have that i can burn my disk to a DVD+R and hopefully restore everything. its worth a shot i think. I dont know. if i cant fix it i can even send you the HDD so you can mess with it if you dont live on teh other side of the country cuz im not gonna pay like 60$ shipping. you can mess with it and see if you can fix it and ill probably just get another one because all i want to do is play a friggin game on live. I WAS trying to put XBMC on it but apparently im too nubbish
    thx
    GEARHEAD
    :cursing:

4. David5534

David5534 Premium Premium

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.