What's new

Solved og xbox not modded slow boot lags on home screen then click on music or anything and get error 21

M

MrHitchaDome21

Reaction score
Sin$
i have an og xbox that hasnt been modded i opened it up today for sh*ts and gigs because i had an extra hdd laying around and wanted to upgrade my hdd to a bigger size i unplugged my ide cable with the console powered off just to see if it would fit the new hdd and then plugged it back into the old stock seagates 6gb hdd then powered it back on and got error message 1 i tried restarting it while moving the ide cable and it would start up it would just take awhile then it would freeze so i figured maybe if i replaced the ide cable it would solve my problem so i bucked an old pc from my uncle and used the ide off of it and no more having to hold it a certain way to not get the error code 1 on boot up but it still blows cause it still boots up slow then i get to the main screen and it lags then i click on music or whatever and i get error code 21 idk if the hdd has just died or if some boot up files just disappeared when i unplugged the ide its not making a loud ticking sound or anything ive heard of people having this issue with the softmod but mine isnt modded and it ran great before i unplugged the ide ive been kicking myself in the arse allnight cause of this plz tell me theres a way to fix the original hdd or to atleast build the new hdd to work on my xbox or worse casinario if it will work ill order an original xbox factory hdd on amazon or ebay i just got this xbox 2 months ago and id hate for it to be a loss all replies are greatly appreciated i need all the help i can get

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
You might wanna use your original ide cable not sure why that would affect anything. Also if you unpluggged your HDD when the console was on then you most likely corrupted system files on the hdd. Your best bet is to look up a tutorial on how to clone your drive to another, there are alot of tutorials on how to upgrade your harddrive, however not all harddrives are compatible. If none of that works for you then just buy a new xbox og, you can buy them for 50$ or less if non-modded, hell you can find pre-modded soft modded consoles for 50-70$.

Top Bottom
Login
Register