Solved OG xbox coinops problem

• Thread starter tammikm
  • Start date
  • Views 5,847
T

tammikm

Reaction score
Sin$
I have an original xbox (2001) its modded with xecuter v1 chip and a 200gb hdd, it works great, games load from hdd, emus work fine, but I ftp'd coinops over to it and it will not load. It shows the slayers 2.7 loading screen and thats it. any ideas why???

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an original xbox (2001) its modded with xecuter v1 chip and a 200gb hdd, it works great, games load from hdd, emus work fine, but I ftp'd coinops over to it and it will not load. It shows the slayers 2.7 loading screen and thats it. any ideas why???
What version of coinops? Did you alter the default.xbe?

T

tammikm

Reaction score
Sin$
How is the folder structure set up with your coin ops? Have you tried to run it once thru executing the default.xbe in the folder thru the file manager?
yes I have tried several of the .xbe files within the folder, they all just give a black screen....

T

tammikm

Reaction score
Sin$
You are just supposed to do the default.xbe that is inside the folder only.
yes i tried just the default.xbe just black screen, tried deleting and re ftp, still same result all files copied successfully, must be something to do with the mod chip...or bios

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
yes i tried just the default.xbe just black screen, tried deleting and re ftp, still same result all files copied successfully, must be something to do with the mod chip...or bios
Did you clear the cache and delete installation files also? Coinops works with soft mods as well so I doubt it has to do with your BIOS. You need to be patient as well as sometimes when coinops first starts it can take awhile to load up.

T

tammikm

Reaction score
Sin$
Did you clear the cache and delete installation files also? Coinops works with soft mods as well so I doubt it has to do with your BIOS. You need to be patient as well as sometimes when coinops first starts it can take awhile to load up.
not sure how to clear cache, and there were no installation files, i just ftp'd over the coinops directory to the f drive

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Grab a copy of Hexen 2017, sounds like your installations have left over files. You can use the disc to clear the cache and remove old installation files. Then try to run only the default.xbe inside the coinops 8 folder.

T

tammikm

Reaction score
Sin$
Grab a copy of Hexen 2017, sounds like your installations have left over files. You can use the disc to clear the cache and remove old installation files. Then try to run only the default.xbe inside the coinops 8 folder.
ok thanks I'll try that, do i burn hexen to a disc or run it from hdd?

Top Bottom
Login
Register