• Start date
  • Views 320,332
Marvelous

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Grammar Nazi Stickied Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello 7s, Have you ever wondered if you could get your hands on a cool original Gamertag? This thread should clear most of your questions on if it is possible to get one. If you need help/advice PM me.

What is a V1 Gamertag?
A V1 Gamertag is a account that has not moved over to the Xbox 360 from the original Xbox.

How can i tell if a Gamertag is a v1?
The account will be Silver. The Gamerscore will be 0. If the account has the Zone set to "None" and it has this as the gamer picture.

This website is very useful to look at Gamertags:
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/

How can i get a v1 Gamertag?
Sadly you can't. The only way to EVER get a v1 Gamertag is if Xbox decides to reset them. In 2011 they tried to reset all the 7+ letter Gamertags and people claimed them and were selling them on other forums. This made them stop.

S p a c e d Gamertags:
There have been a few opportunities to claim spaced versions of Gamertags. Most of them are from 2011 when there was a glitch to make different versions. They are not worth what an unspaced tag is worth, but the better ones do hold some value. They can only be swapped to the unspaced version once it is gone.

Can I hack an Original Gamertag?

It is impossible to do this anymore since Microsoft and Xbox have upgraded their account security.

How do people have jacked Gamertags?
In 2010 Xbox support was really easy to SE and people could get the support agent to read off all the accounts info. They could then reset the account.

Can i buy a good Gamertag?
Yes, go look around the internet and you will find a few forums that allow people to sell them.

How much are they?
Something amazing (Ex: Toad, Frog, Dog) will go for thousands. Something pretty good (Ex: November, Forgotten, Dentist) Will go for 300+. A Semi-OG (Ex: Landscape, Google Search, Blankets) Will sell for around 100$. Edit: Since all v1 gamertags have been officially reset, their prices will be substantially lower than the above. The market is still fluctuating to much to give an accurate average.

How not to get scammed for a Gamertag:
This is the main reason why i made this thread. If the Gamertag is a V1 it is common sense that the guy does not own it. If he is selling the Gamertag Pure for 200$ he is probably scamming.

Banned Gamertags:
Many people will scam people with banned Gamertags and send a message as the proof that it is not banned. This is very easy to fake. Some people have a method to send messages and change the bios on banned Xbox accounts.
There is NO way to unban a gamertag.

Turbos:
If you manage to buy a Gamertag and you plan on putting it on your main account don't tell anyone about it. People have made programs that they run on their computers 24/7 the will automatically claim the Gamertag if it is changed. You can't avoid this and you wont beat the program. It is very important that you don't tell ANYONE and change it at least a week after you buy it. The longer you wait the better it will be.

Update: 5/16/16
Today marks the day of a new era. Microsofts very own Major Nelson has tweeted that they are going to start recycling old Gamertags. They will be resetting ALL of the v1 Gamertags. In order to obtain one of these Gamertags you must have an active gold subscription, and 1+ tenure. The reset starts to happen on 5/18/16 at 11PST.

Good luck getting the tag of your dreams! :smile:

Last edited:
Just Do It

Just Do It

Grand Theft Auto ツ
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, didn't know that there were V1 GT's :eek:
Does these still exist?

DvarRunsXBL

DvarRunsXBL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea a lot V1 are floating around right now, and being sold. MS said they were going to be doing a purge soon. But haven't given a date. A week is way to long I know friends that have PC just to run massive amounts of turbos. Its how I get most of my gamertags.

Dash

Dash

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea a lot V1 are floating around right now, and being sold. MS said they were going to be doing a purge soon. But haven't given a date. A week is way to long I know friends that have PC just to run massive amounts of turbos. Its how I get most of my gamertags.
I think you are mistaken, V1's are impossible to buy/sell/trade as it requires the last 4 digits of the credit card used when creating the account in order to be able to recover. (Back in the day, when creating a gamertag you MUST supply a credit card)

Xbox_User

Xbox_User

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I Was one of the people that claimed and OG in 2011 when they reset all of the accounts. Me and my friend Jake who has the gamertag "Multiplayer" Lucky git, was in TeOz, and found out that MS reset the majority of the accounts. Therefore i claimed a few gamertags myself on the day it happened, I even struggled to think of something but there gamertags i conceived were:
Xbox user (Current gamertag & will never sell it, as annoying as it is on COD, Every game you go in you eather get the brown nose "aww Xbox user, That is a sick GT/That is OG!, Or you get the dumb noobs "why would you call yourself xbox user? Couldnt you think of anything better?!"
Xbox Content (Sold)
Dark Blue (Semi-OG really..)
Dark Red ("")
Dark Green ("")
Dark Yellow ("")
And a few more i can't remember, But yeah Xbox User :wink:
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/Xbox-User/

Marvelous

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Grammar Nazi Stickied Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I Was one of the people that claimed and OG in 2011 when they reset all of the accounts. Me and my friend Jake who has the gamertag "Multiplayer" Lucky git, was in TeOz, and found out that MS reset the majority of the accounts. Therefore i claimed a few gamertags myself on the day it happened, I even struggled to think of something but there gamertags i conceived were:
Xbox user (Current gamertag & will never sell it, as annoying as it is on COD, Every game you go in you eather get the brown nose "aww Xbox user, That is a sick GT/That is OG!, Or you get the dumb noobs "why would you call yourself xbox user? Couldnt you think of anything better?!"
Xbox Content (Sold)
Dark Blue (Semi-OG really..)
Dark Red ("")
Dark Green ("")
Dark Yellow ("")
And a few more i can't remember, But yeah Xbox User :wink:
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/Xbox-User/
I get the dumb noobs all the time. My tag is computer related and they say you're playing Xbox not PC. Whatever though lol.

Xbox_User

Xbox_User

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Was thinking of selling it, but i wouldn't know how much to sell it for :L

24b9gfm.jpg

2gxmk28.jpg

Last edited:
Avery

Avery

YouTube//Avxry
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Greeter Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I like this thread. Also I have a GT: CU9 it's not OG but apparently rare. I got it from InfectHead.

eFrauny

eFrauny

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ugh.. Wish i could get my hands on "Eliot" its a V1 tag which hasn't been online in forever.

pvris

pvris

leviathan
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Turbos are my friend <3 I have a pretty good one. Removed the license so its free.

Top Bottom
Login
Register