Status
Not open for further replies.
melon2007

melon2007

92% Halo
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This should definitely clear up some privacy concerns with the Xbox One. What are your views on this?

xbox-one-kinect-2.png

From Xbox Wire:
  • You are in control of what Kinect can see and hear: By design, you will determine how responsive and personalized your Xbox One is to you and your family during setup. The system will navigate you through key privacy options, like automatic or manual sign in, privacy settings, and clear notifications about how data is used. When Xbox One is on and you’re simply having a conversation in your living room, your conversation is not being recorded or uploaded.
  • You are in control of when Kinect sensing is On, Off or Paused: If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say “Xbox Off.” When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- “Xbox On,” and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences.
  • You are in control of your personal data: You can play games or enjoy applications that use data, such as videos, photos, facial expressions, heart rate and more, but this data will not leave your Xbox One without your explicit permission. Here are a few examples of potential future scenarios:
    • A fitness game could measure heart rate data to provide you with improved feedback on your workout, allow you to track your progress, or even measure calories burned.
    • A card game could allow you to bluff your virtual opponent using your facial expressions.
  • You can use other inputs to control your games, TV and entertainment experiences: While it’s faster to find what you’re looking for using your voice and gesture commands with Kinect, you can use a controller, your remote controls or your smart devices instead. And you can use all of these devices when Kinect is paused.
source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is basically blabbering about excess crap. This STILL requires you to have the Kinect connected at all times, and it'll be on at all times. You just disable it from off the function to turn the console on. Still listens, still watches.

Derpy

Derpy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is basically blabbering about excess crap. This STILL requires you to have the Kinect connected at all times, and it'll be on at all times. You just disable it from off the function to turn the console on. Still listens, still watches.

When you are done playing, unplug it.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I really don't see what the big deal is with this?

D3FEKT

D3FEKT

Bewbs
Platinum Record Stickied Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
I really don't see what the big deal is with this?

People think microsoft are going to listen to their convo's or afraid they'll spy on them through the camera when the masturbate. Becasue of all the millions of people who will buy the xbox one, microsoft will specifically choose you and only you to watch.

mindl3ssviolnc3

mindl3ssviolnc3

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You know after reading this and then examining the kinect sensor a little bit...am I the only one who sees a face there? LoL the xbox logo and camera are eyes and then the mic or speaker or whatever that is that runs along the bottom is a mouth. Thats a tad creepy for something that hears and sees me jk. I really don't care about the kinect itself...they are not going to make something sends data without your knowledge because they know someone will find out eventually and would lead to a lawsuit but what I care about is if I have to pay the extra price of HAVING TO HAVE the kinect with the xbox.

Patrick

Patrick

Tattooed White Trash
Stickied Contest Sponsor Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the find. I never knew some of that information.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If Microsoft fail to stick by the privacy documents that they will have in place, they will get hit by heavy lawsuits. This would be very detrimental to the Microsoft brand, they won't risk it. Microsoft are very good with privacy, the Microsoft website is very detailed about it for their proudct line. Microsoft

Just Do It

Just Do It

Grand Theft Auto ツ
Free Hoster Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just turn the camera to the wall, is that so hard to do?

Nah, don't care if they see me, I'm just gaming and when I'm done I leave my little (4 m²) gameroom.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Why must I unplug it? That's the most stupidest thing ever.
errorjack you've already declared you are not interested in the Xbox One, why are you in the Xbox One section?

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
But I am sure that just said I can turn Kinect off, even the voice command to turn the Xbox on or off. I don't see the problem, what is so damaging that Microsoft could use against you? Are you a dealer, a terrorist? What are you dammit? All I am is a 21 year old that plays games and goes to work, if MS want to see me wank, so be it! I hope they enjoy it. If they want to hear me rage at kids on Xbox then I hope they have fun doing so.

sassycrow

sassycrow

Zdub
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone say yay to the Patriot Act! (set in place after 9/11 to pretty much monitor and spy on Americans to make sure there is no terrorism going on. lol)

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
errorjack you've already declared you are not interested in the Xbox One, why are you in the Xbox One section?

Am I not allowed to post what I think? My opinion is that you don't get an opinion, so plz.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Am I not allowed to post what I think? My opinion is that you don't get an opinion, so plz.
No, feel free to post it's a public forum. Just I wouldn't personally comment on something that doesn't affect me.

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
No, feel free to post it's a public forum. Just I wouldn't personally comment on something that doesn't affect me.

Personally is the keyword here. I personally love to break down crap, because it does affect me.

E

EltonJohn

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally is the keyword here. I personally love to break down crap, because it does affect me.
Why does the Xbox One personally affect you? Are you being forced to have Kinect or an Xbox One in your home or something?

EpicError

EpicError

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Why does the Xbox One personally affect you? Are you being forced to have Kinect or an Xbox One in your home or something?

People insult other consoles, most specifically the Wii U, and phrasing this console for being a piece of ****. This does indeed affect me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register