AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
State your theories here. If they are sound, I'll update the thread with them.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with this (thanks ven):
New Xbox360 Disc Protections? Bans to follow? xorloser’s blog

I'd highly recommend that if you are thinking about modding, DON'T. People are reporting that after anywhere between 1-12 hours, they are banned; and that's on new Xbox's, and old xbox's newly modded.

EDIT:
1zxw0mq.jpg

thanks jester_

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Quite honestly I think M$ is able to easily detect the modded FW files, For those of you who aren't banned, you should check if you are flagged using the status in network settings and if you are NOT flagged you should disconnect from live immediately and reflash with your original FW or just stay disconnected until iXtreme gets figured out. A lot of people are getting banned when they have only played one or two perfectly stealthed games, and some are getting banned that have flashed and just sat on the dashboard.

I think this really sucks because my friend flashed his drive a week ago with me and got banned :/ I'm safe for now but since I have a Lite-On I have to stay disconnected.

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Azzid, I can confirm firsthand that the 12 hour thing IS NOT true. After being console banned, I got a new 360. Before I even turned the thing on I flashed it. It has been like that for 4 days now, with no ban. The only game that has been played is Fable 2 (my brother).

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's just people playing bad rips. I've flashed 4 360's in the past 2 weeks and played a few burned games on them. None were banned.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm also thinking that it might be either bad dvd burners, bad/certain media, or using a bad program to burn em.

gamebeatter

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
personally i think a bad rip of mw2 got me :frown: i played off line on the increbad rip got online with carson's stealth files

i use only verbatim made in singapore
i use a Toshiba samsung drive for burning
for programs i used imgburn then i found cookies xbox 360 burner

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What version of imgburn? I think the 2.5.0.0 is bad...

gamebeatter

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
What version of imgburn? I think the 2.5.0.0 is bad...
i used 2.4 or the version before 2.5 because i herd the same thing

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Programmer Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox Live Tech, replied to a friend notifying that they can now read the ixtreme firmware.

-Somehow i don't believe that but you never know for sure...

T

TomAlpha

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Haven't people been getting banned for just sitting on the dash after flashing?

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
TomAlpha said:
Haven't people been getting banned for just sitting on the dash after flashing?

I know of at least 1 person who has

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That article is pretty much spelling it in front of your face. There sending challenges to your drive. Since your drive is modded, it doesnt know the new challenges, so it doesnt send back right. So then they can now see-OO bad response=modded FW

J

Johnodd4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Theories:

New Record recording system.

Let me explain what is going on.

i am currently a beta tester for the new xbox live dash with twitter and facebook and what i found effects xbox 1 saves.

Weird.

i thought so to.

my profile seemed to record the data that was on the hard drive when i copied my save files over from my xbox on it's last leg to my 360 both my halo saves for halo 1 and 2 caused a corrupted profile.

it seems there is a new hidden file that takes a snap shot of the hard drive when you shut down the console if you install a save file that wasn't there before the file reports the profile as corrupt resulting in a ban on only certain titles.

What about xbox 360 save's unknown running a experiment right now will let you know.

C dogg

C dogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i sure hope they cant read your HDD if you put a modded gamesave in it or else im ****ed!!

S

ShadowZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
Quite honestly I think M$ is able to easily detect the modded FW files, For those of you who aren't banned, you should check if you are flagged using the status in network settings and if you are NOT flagged you should disconnect from live immediately and reflash with your original FW or just stay disconnected until iXtreme gets figured out. A lot of people are getting banned when they have only played one or two perfectly stealthed games, and some are getting banned that have flashed and just sat on the dashboard.

I think this really sucks because my friend flashed his drive a week ago with me and got banned :/ I'm safe for now but since I have a Lite-On I have to stay disconnected.

Really? Doesn't work like that. And if you stay offline, they win. Wanna know why? A console ban is to prevent you from going on XBL, so you being in fear of the bannings and staying offline is just letting them win.

GoldBl4d3 said:
Xbox Live Tech, replied to a friend notifying that they can now read the ixtreme firmware.

-Somehow i don't believe that but you never know for sure...

I wouldn't believe them, my friend had a 20 minute conversation with a the support line to find out that "there is currently no console on the market that is able to play blu-ray movies". Can't they detect the old versions of IX? Like the first ones that were released?

GoldBl4d3

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, but were narrowing down to that article or bad rips.

Its gotta be somthing were not even looking at. Its prolly right in front of us.

Quiet honestly I do belive they could be doing it by what the article says.

Se7eN MasTa

Se7eN MasTa

Se7en Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Taken from another site:

( @[X]nWo[X] ) [c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!
.:234037:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) dont ask eta = ban
.:234040:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) dont ask question = ban
.:234045:. ( @[X]nWo[X] ) liteon will be 1st

( @[X]nWo[X] ) we ripped 40+ ntsc games
( @[X]nWo[X] ) at least every 3rd didnt verify :c
( @[X]nWo[X] ) with a properly ripped ntsc
( @[X]nWo[X] ) so the db = defn has problems
( @[X]nWo[X] ) madden 10 is a prime exampke
( @[X]nWo[X] ) example

Sorry. ixtreme all versions is/are detectable or their behavior is detectable therefore hence a new FW is being worked on. For those with ixtreme I would advice no further use of 360 until this firmware is released. Until then, god bless 360scene. No technical data was being as to WHY its being detected all of a sudden.
For those thinking this is a lie:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3962/picz54.jpg

+REP if happy
Cheesegrin.gif
probably the first one to post this on any website :tongue:
Also, I have heard from multiple sources about 100,000+ systems were banned within week.

Some More info about bans, this is how i SPECULATE they work.
Automated system flags you once it finds that you powered on 360 without drive connected/played a game early/played a bad rip. Lets say the system can hold upto 1,000,000 flags. Once the 1mil flags are filled, it starts banning what we call (ban wave), users with most flags are POSSIBLY on top but could be quite random. The system could also be initiated to ban whenever they feel the need. Most people are probably flagged more than multiple times before ban.

C

CodModzZ4u

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
[c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!

People are saying this is confirmation that Ixtreme is detectable. But it hasn't been %100 confirmed yet...

SKeTcHiESK8eR

SKeTcHiESK8eR

D2Vital
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
combatburt said:
People are saying this is confirmation that Ixtreme is detectable. But it hasn't been %100 confirmed yet...

Its not 100% but it is the leading theory right now. So far its the only thing that explains every ban in the past couple weeks. All we can do now is wait for new updates from the IX guys. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register