Status
Not open for further replies.
lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK GambleR said:
My theory: They can't detect the firmware, but they can detect once it has been flashed.
My reasoning: So this 12 hour thing, tons of people have been reporting this; and then Carson's post made me think. He never even turned the Xbox on before he flashed it. To Microsoft's logs it just looks like he put a new console into their install base, then online, and then started playing games. People who HAD iX1.51/iX1.6 and went up to iX1.61 (for the most part) got banned. People who played it ~safe (like me) have [so far] not been banned, until they updated.
I think microsoft can see a log of something going on with the firmware, like you log on once with 1.6 .. reflash .. then log on with 1.61, and there is something there, Something.

Why aren't we all banned then? ----
Well I think this is something new that microsoft has implemented, and they can't read PAST changes; only current changes. This would mean that from this point on it would be like ... what I'm going to call the Halo 2 syndrome. Turn on your box, it's scanned, and basically when you log out you are done.

My theory - I am @ 1.6 on a spoofed drive. ....And I am stuck on it.
This is true, as soon as I updated my fw and conected banzt.

I

injate

Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
I'd highly recommend that if you are thinking about modding, DON'T. People are reporting that after anywhere between 1-12 hours, they are banned; and that's on new Xbox's, and old xbox's newly modded.

What if you only play offline and you do a system wipe (this is my 1st xbox but I assume there's a way to wipe all personal data like phones have?) after the ban wave is over and finally go online? would that be safe-ish?

B

BNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
injate said:
What if you only play offline and you do a system wipe (this is my 1st xbox but I assume there's a way to wipe all personal data like phones have?) after the ban wave is over and finally go online? would that be safe-ish?

No safer, the details from the disk have allready been saved.

A

azzhair

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
My thought is that in the new update there was a code that only modded xboxs code read, and if it could it sent ur SN to micro-**** and then b&.

However this was disproved b\c my friend who has a modded box (never played early relase or bad rip b\c i burned games 4 him.) got banend last night as soon as he signed on to live for the first time in 3 months. SO IDK

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
azzhair said:
My thought is that in the new update there was a code that only modded xboxs code read, and if it could it sent ur SN to micro-**** and then b&.

However this was disproved b\c my friend who has a modded box (never played early relase or bad rip b\c i burned games 4 him.) got banend last night as soon as he signed on to live for the first time in 3 months. SO IDK

I think everyone is still failing to grasp the idea that ABGX's database has a ton of bad rips, 1 in 3 have bad files that aren't the proper stealth files which lead to bans...

F

Fuzz321

Reaction score
Sin$
doodlebro said:
I think everyone is still failing to grasp the idea that ABGX's database has a ton of bad rips, 1 in 3 have bad files that aren't the proper stealth files which lead to bans...

Agreed. I think this is why I got banned.

doodlebro

doodlebro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Fuzz said:
Agreed. I think this is why I got banned.

I think I WASN'T banned cause all my discs were from good sources pre-patched and all of them matched up perfectly with ABGX's database, I must be lucky or something...

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
lx leo xl said:
This is true, as soon as I updated my fw and conected banzt.
exactly.
i got banned today but i went back and checked some games and it was cause my w@w was the release from like 3 weeks before it came out and failed entirely.. .. ..

M

Mantis Assassin

Reaction score
Sin$
I think the guys who were banned have been flagged for the longest. I think Microsoft decided to ban some and skip most of the people who were flagged for whatever reason (review copy, bad rip, something unrelated to modding, etc....) until the hoilday season approached. It does seem a bit strange that now over 600,000 people are getting banned just before Thanksgiving and while COD:MW2 is out. I believe this is what has happened, I do not believe Ixtreme is detectable. This could have been a way for Microsoft to scare modders into thinking that they've figured it all out. If it was, then Microsoft is doing a great job at it.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think I was banned b/c I used Madden 10. I had 1.6 b/c I didn't want to upgrade while this ban wave was going on...I started at 1.51...so I kinda didn't get my monies worth...oh well.

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Azzid, I would actually like to hear your opinion on my theory if you don't mind.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It's possible. I was too scared to stay on 1.6... :/

But since I had Madden 10 verified/fixed in abgx...I'm almost 100% sure it was because of that.

Se7eN MasTa

Se7eN MasTa

Se7en Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I got banned today, seems though it was MW2 the bad stealth version i had.

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone keeps blaming games

I seriously would bet money that they've been flagging people for firmware for a long time. C4E claims it's not detectable, but I think it's BS. He doesn't know what MS has running on the other side to detect...

There are too many variables to say it's one thing or the other. The ONLY common denominator in the banning cases is flashed firmware. Some get banned on 1.4, some on 1.51, some on 1.6. Some played game X early, some didn't. Some never play releases early. Blah blah blah. It's the firmware....seriously....

T

Toasty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeMal said:

I seriously would bet money that they've been flagging people for firmware for a long time. C4E claims it's not detectable, but I think it's BS. He doesn't know what MS has running on the other side to detect...

There are too many variables to say it's one thing or the other. The ONLY common denominator in the banning cases is flashed firmware. Some get banned on 1.4, some on 1.51, some on 1.6. Some played game X early, some didn't. Some never play releases early. Blah blah blah. It's the firmware....seriously....

Right it has something 2 do with the firmware, but it might also have something 2 do with the games. It might be both.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeMal said:

Yeah...and I feel since he's coming out with LT...that has to mean that there is something iX that can be detected easily...

J

JoeMal

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign said:
Yeah...and I feel since he's coming out with LT...that has to mean that there is something iX that can be detected easily...
Exactly. 1.61 just came out. Why would new firmware be coming out already?

Seems quite obvious to me

gamebeatter

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeMal said:
Exactly. 1.61 just came out. Why would new firmware be coming out already?

Seems quite obvious to me
if u guys want once he gets on aim il ask him?

SiK GambleR

SiK GambleR

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
why would you ask, just ****ing do it and post results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register