What's new

Solved Official Weapon/Item Creating Support Thread (Tutorials Added)

• Thread starter ZeroToned
  • Start date
  • Views 97,806
ZeroToned

ZeroToned

†††
VIP
Retired
Grizzled Veteran Bright Idea Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is going to be a support thread for those who are having issues creating weapons or items in Gibbed's save editor. Note that none of these items will stick in your inventory so you MUST store them in your bank before saving. When creating hybrid weapons and items, they must be created within the BANK tab.

Now, here are some tutorials I made to help those to get started and if anyone has questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and I will offer as much help as possible.

Feedback on my videos is much appreciated. Thanks!​
Change quality to 1080p for best results!​
BASIC Hybrid Weapon Tutorial for Beginners (NON DLC)​

ADVANCED Hybrid Weapon Tutorial (NON DLC)​

PEARLESCENT/LIMESCENT Weapon Tutorial (DLC REQUIRED)​

*AFTER PATCH* UNLIMITED WEAPONS/ITEM STORAGE

*AFTER PATCH* Modding Skill Points

UNLIMITED AMMO TUTORIAL

If you are having problems with a weapon and you want me to take a look at it or improve it, feel free to copy the code of the weapon and paste it in here. Make sure your posts are easy to understand!

Last edited:
V

viperbob101

Reaction score
Sin$
hi is here a way to highlight items in the back pack to dupe multiple guns or delete groups of items i tried the holding shift that i saw in tut but didnt work any help would be awsom

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
hi is here a way to highlight items in the back pack to dupe multiple guns or delete groups of items i tried the holding shift that i saw in tut but didnt work any help would be awsom
Unfortunately no.

Upvote 0
DtroitPunk

DtroitPunk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Interesting question on the flash drive I am using for modding..

The Xbox says it only has 3.3GB on it but when I connect it to my Windows 8.1 laptop (just the last few times) it gives a pop up that theer are problems on the drive and that I should run a windows scan on it... Have opted NOT to do this but the laptop ALSO reads the flash drive as having almost 7.1GB of the 8 taken..

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
M

Ma Dara

Reaction score
Sin$
Guys I´m completely new to this forum and I don´t even know If thats the right thread but I try sooo hard to get these Community Day Skins ( 2013 ) working. I´m on a Xbox One and I want the skins on that console because I usually played PS3. So there is no Cross save opportunity for me there.

But my friend has an Xbox 360 so I tried it with gibbed and the specific itemdata-tutorial from DOMIN8. After I did everything with gibbed save editor and horizon I upload the character with the items and then on Xbox One my friend joins me with that uploaded character since the Xbox 360 belongs to him.

I´ve never started a game with this character. All I do is just upload it and then let my friend join me so he can drop it for me.

Please guys, any help would be highly appreciated or even better - a safe file with these skins. ( Because I couldn´t find a proper working safe file.

Greetings

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Guys I´m completely new to this forum and I don´t even know If thats the right thread but I try sooo hard to get these Community Day Skins ( 2013 ) working. I´m on a Xbox One and I want the skins on that console because I usually played PS3. So there is no Cross save opportunity for me there.

But my friend has an Xbox 360 so I tried it with gibbed and the specific itemdata-tutorial from DOMIN8. After I did everything with gibbed save editor and horizon I upload the character with the items and then on Xbox One my friend joins me with that uploaded character since the Xbox 360 belongs to him.

I´ve never started a game with this character. All I do is just upload it and then let my friend join me so he can drop it for me.

Please guys, any help would be highly appreciated or even better - a safe file with these skins. ( Because I couldn´t find a proper working safe file.

Greetings
Those skins don't transfer to the new systems.

Upvote 0
M

Ma Dara

Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any other possibility to get them? I was so angry about this poor cross save-function and I loved that skin for Maya. I´ve heard like a year ago that they were still available, however their drop rate got decreased. Is that still the case for the Next Gen version after a year?

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any other possibility to get them? I was so angry about this poor cross save-function and I loved that skin for Maya. I´ve heard like a year ago that they were still available, however their drop rate got decreased. Is that still the case for the Next Gen version after a year?
Not sure as I haven't really played on "Next Gen" as my PC version is still better... :wink:

Upvote 0
M

Ma Dara

Reaction score
Sin$
Well I´ve got another idea. Am I able with the gibbed save editor to exactly place my character in a certain mode in a certain story mission where I left of? My gear could be simply dropped by my friend and every other skin I´ve got is also possible to create via gibbed right?`

So to make it short: I want to create a "copy" of my save on the Xbox 360 and upload it to play where I left of WITH the Community-skin. Simply a replica of my original character on the Xbox One

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

Ma Dara

Reaction score
Sin$
DUDE!! SORRY FOR THE SPAM

But it worked!! It worked even better than I thought. WAAAYY better than I thought.

I just signed my Xbox One account up in Xbox 360 since they both run the same network-service ( Xbox Live )
Than I just created a game safe with the skin and afterwards I waited and waited for a session and THEN there was ONE session with two guys which were both lvl. 72. I looked up my backpack and THERE IT WAS! Strangely there was still a second skin ( the same ) and I just dropped it for him. Whoever that guy was he should be happy as f*** that an angel was sent to him to drop him that skin.. 5 seconds, after I joined him and activated the skin I just left the session and uploaded it. I went to my Xbox One and the uploaded safe was available.

And now the BEST thing about that: The skin is activated for every character on NEXT-GEN. I don´t need to create a new safe with everything in it. I can just play again :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So to everyone who has such issues, just follow my "instructions" and you´ll be good to go

Upvote 0
ImmortalBanana1

ImmortalBanana1

Borderlands isn't just a game; it's a lifestyle!
Reaction score
Sin$
Heyo!

I am new to the whole se7ensins/modding scene.

I was always a console player, and although I never tried borderlands on my ps3 I fell in love with it when I got my xbox one.

I was super pissed that they never included the original borderlands with the handsome collection; In my opinion it would have made so much more sense if they had included Borderlands with the other two games but that's a rant for another thread.

So considering I spent heaps on an Alienware gaming laptop I figured I'd buy the original Borderlands on steam, and play that on my laptop and continue playing the newer games on my xbox one. Then the whole steam mega summer sale happened and I got all three borderlands games and all their DLC for peanuts and I haven't looked back since.

PC is so much better than console considering the customisation/modding options are limitless. Even the look of the game on PC is better if you tweak your ini files... like Vaineguardio's tweaks. He increased games texture resolution and made them look awesome. He had intended the tweaks for better gameplay on low-end system but I edited mine so that all the settings were maxed out while excluding the thick black outline as I didn't like that anyway, but I am getting way off topic here.

Once I started playing on PC I learned about the whole modding/gibbed thing and figured I'd give it a shot.

Now my character is maya the siren, but I struggle playing on OP8 with her. I can play OP8 with my Gunzerker no problem as its easy to slag and shoot simultaneously. So I am finally getting to the point of my post on this thread lol...

I want to mod some weapons to get a Gunzerker effect on my siren like making a DP Unkempt Harold with a grog nozzle slag barrel but it doesn't seem to be slagging my enemies and I don't know if it's because the gun is Torgue and it doesn't work as everything is explosive rounds. Can someone write a tutorial or make a video tutorial of how to combine explosive & slag on a DP unkempt harold? Also I wanted to know how to increase the multiplier from x2 to x4/5/6 and beyond? If I am posting this in the wrong section I apologise, I'm new and I don't really know what I am doing. I finally got the cheat engine fix for the sanity check to work and now I am itching to make my own guns. I am a graphic designer so watch this space for new skins for guns and characters once I figure out how to extract textures from the game so I can edit them. If anyone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it also :smile: x

Upvote 0
Drunkn Masta III

Drunkn Masta III

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In gibbed you can't really do that. You can't add elements to Torgues. I'm only a console player, but the insanity check no longer allows for hybrids. i don't know if there's a way around the insanity check on pc but I haven't seen a lot of hybrids since they patched it way back when

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Heyo!

I am new to the whole se7ensins/modding scene.

I was always a console player, and although I never tried borderlands on my ps3 I fell in love with it when I got my xbox one.

I was super pissed that they never included the original borderlands with the handsome collection; In my opinion it would have made so much more sense if they had included Borderlands with the other two games but that's a rant for another thread.

So considering I spent heaps on an Alienware gaming laptop I figured I'd buy the original Borderlands on steam, and play that on my laptop and continue playing the newer games on my xbox one. Then the whole steam mega summer sale happened and I got all three borderlands games and all their DLC for peanuts and I haven't looked back since.

PC is so much better than console considering the customisation/modding options are limitless. Even the look of the game on PC is better if you tweak your ini files... like Vaineguardio's tweaks. He increased games texture resolution and made them look awesome. He had intended the tweaks for better gameplay on low-end system but I edited mine so that all the settings were maxed out while excluding the thick black outline as I didn't like that anyway, but I am getting way off topic here.

Once I started playing on PC I learned about the whole modding/gibbed thing and figured I'd give it a shot.

Now my character is maya the siren, but I struggle playing on OP8 with her. I can play OP8 with my Gunzerker no problem as its easy to slag and shoot simultaneously. So I am finally getting to the point of my post on this thread lol...

I want to mod some weapons to get a Gunzerker effect on my siren like making a DP Unkempt Harold with a grog nozzle slag barrel but it doesn't seem to be slagging my enemies and I don't know if it's because the gun is Torgue and it doesn't work as everything is explosive rounds. Can someone write a tutorial or make a video tutorial of how to combine explosive & slag on a DP unkempt harold? Also I wanted to know how to increase the multiplier from x2 to x4/5/6 and beyond? If I am posting this in the wrong section I apologise, I'm new and I don't really know what I am doing. I finally got the cheat engine fix for the sanity check to work and now I am itching to make my own guns. I am a graphic designer so watch this space for new skins for guns and characters once I figure out how to extract textures from the game so I can edit them. If anyone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it also :smile: x
You could try these:

BL2(hwAAAABzuwlBSAAMC9HrnWIpgWKAkBaLCpYMKL0YEGJMIDxACIzl)
BL2(hwAAAAA4lQQAKAMJCdHrkUKhQAkNhQIlG5QMKPwwKFAWQ7FAmQ3l)
BL2(hwAAAAA/VgmDRgAMCdHr1WIgxGCAEBoMP4wMKNBgPqFEILTCcIDw)
BL2(hwAAAABxNgmERwAMC9Hr6cNohWGAECFGM5QMKCVQoMGYIDxAiBHj)

Upvote 0
parabrahma

parabrahma

★★★★★★★★★ ►► Go Ranga ◄◄ ★★★★★★★★★
Reaction score
Sin$

Its been a while, but as I recall dual-elements on a weapon was restricted only to any weapon whose barrel already had an inbuilt element in the barrel itself such as Storm, Twister, Sawbar, Blockhead etc. The second element was then added to the element slot. Torgue is not the problem its just that generally you cant have multiple elements on a gun other than that.

As for making your own guns, the following link is a thread that will tell you the best barrels to add to achieve the effects you want such as damage, multiplier increase etc..
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/gun-barrels-boosters-and-their-effects.929878/#post-6879367
For multipliers the Torgue shotgun barrel was always good
GD_Weap_Shotgun.Barrel.SG_Barrel_Torgue
as was the Heartbreaker
GD_Weap_Shotgun.Barrel.SG_Barrel_Hyperion_HeartBreaker

Try these 2 pistols. They combine Harold and Grog Nozzle with x27 Multipliers.
BL2(hwAAAAAg6wmGJwAMEQGF2sN4hTGA0CAGChQLGChQmqEcxNjEgg3l)
BL2(hwAAAABb2AmGJwAMEQGF2sN4hTGA0CAGChQLGChQSqAcxNjEkgnl)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ImmortalBanana1

ImmortalBanana1

Reaction score
Sin$
In gibbed you can't really do that. You can't add elements to Torgues. I'm only a console player, but the insanity check no longer allows for hybrids. i don't know if there's a way around the insanity check on pc but I haven't seen a lot of hybrids since they patched it way back when

In gibbed that's how you make and add weapons. It's the only way to make modded weapons as far as I'm aware. I mean people like Deftoned have made tutorials of how to make modded weapons and it's all done on gibbed but there is a way to use modded weapons on borderlands 2 post patch and it's using technojackers cheat table.

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In gibbed that's how you make and add weapons. It's the only way to make modded weapons as far as I'm aware. I mean people like Deftoned have made tutorials of how to make modded weapons and it's all done on gibbed but there is a way to use modded weapons on borderlands 2 post patch and it's using technojackers cheat table.
Those tutorials were made before the bank sanity check was implemented. The process is still the same but, they'll only work on PC.

Upvote 0
ImmortalBanana1

ImmortalBanana1

Reaction score
Sin$
Those tutorials were made before the bank sanity check was implemented. The process is still the same but, they'll only work on PC.

That's what I meant. It works on PC only using technojackers cheat engine :smile:

I have another question, on one of deftoned's tutorial's he said that there is a way to make your modded weapons not have black text by making them white rarity, how do I do that on some of the weapons that you guys have listed for me?

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
That's what I meant. It works on PC only using technojackers cheat engine :smile:

I have another question, on one of deftoned's tutorial's he said that there is a way to make your modded weapons not have black text by making them white rarity, how do I do that on some of the weapons that you guys have listed for me?
It may not be possible. Getting a specific rarity color isn't really an exact science. It depends on what your using as your base balance and the parts you add to it.

Upvote 0
parabrahma

parabrahma

★★★★★★★★★ ►► Go Ranga ◄◄ ★★★★★★★★★
Reaction score
Sin$

The general rule is to do with the combination of the weapons`Balance and the legendary or unique barrels that you then add in Gibbed.

Starting with a Base game weapon and then adding any legendary or unique 'Barrel' that does not correspond to the same 'Type', 'Balance' and 'Manufacturer' causes your weapon to be black.

Starting with any Aster, Orchid, Iris, Sage DLC etc.weapon and then adding any legendary or unique 'Barrel' that does not correspond to the same 'Type', 'Balance' and 'Manufacturer' causes your weapon to be white.

So if you dont want your modded weapon to be black just make sure any legendary barrels you add to your build correspond to the same 'Type', 'Balance' and 'Manufacturer'.. Or start with Aster, Orchid, Iris Sage or DLC weapons.

I know you have just started so I hope this explanation ok and follow-able?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ImmortalBanana1

ImmortalBanana1

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks guys for all the help and stuff and the majority of it is making some sense, not a lot but some lol. But that's because of the fact that I am a complete n00b to hybriding. I think there would be a lot more literature/video tutorial's if gearbox hadn't nerf'd the whole 'hybrid modded' scene.

I know I have heard a lot of people talk bad about a guy called e-fooly I think his name is and that he is practically the main reason that vanilla modders got sick of nice-modder's ruining their games by crashing them with insane guns.

Can someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial that explains how to create dlc modded weapons, and/or duel element weapons. Either that or if anyone is willing to make a video of step-by-step in creating a duel elemental dlc weapon so I can follow on, even a text tutorial? Thanks :biggrin:

Also, I just tried to download deftoned save set 1-6 I think, from mediafire but the link is dead, does anyone else have these files so I can have them? Thanks again for all of you helping this complete n00b!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bratox04

Reaction score
Sin$
You could try these:

BL2(hwAAAABzuwlBSAAMC9HrnWIpgWKAkBaLCpYMKL0YEGJMIDxACIzl)
BL2(hwAAAAA4lQQAKAMJCdHrkUKhQAkNhQIlG5QMKPwwKFAWQ7FAmQ3l)
BL2(hwAAAAA/VgmDRgAMCdHr1WIgxGCAEBoMP4wMKNBgPqFEILTCcIDw)
BL2(hwAAAABxNgmERwAMC9Hr6cNohWGAECFGM5QMKCVQoMGYIDxAiBHj)
Where do I put the codes to get whatever I get by using them??? I'm so confused I play on PS3 and I keep trying shift code but it doesn't work there are more than 25 letters what do I do

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register