Discussion Official Updates Thread [UPDATED 11/23/14]

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Latest update via 343i.

1.12 4:20PM UpdateOur next content update, which includes updates to UI and a variety of other areas, remains on track for delivery later this week. Additionally, final tests are underway for the Halo 4 and Team Hardcore playlists, and we are aiming to make these available within the next few days. Team Hardcore will launch with Halo 2 Classic variants only, and Halo 3 maps and game types will be integrated in a future update. Other fan favorite playlists are also in the works, including Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more.

Additional content updates are on the way, and will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates.
I'm excited to finally get some work on playlist tweaks. I am however, still ticketed there hasn't been a word on ranked playlists in months.

Trallafitti

Trallafitti

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Useless. Why put even more Playlists in if Matchmaking doesnt work 100% ? They should dedicate some work on that first, especially on dedicated Servers that actually work for Europeans.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Useless. Why put even more Playlists in if Matchmaking doesnt work 100% ? They should dedicate some work on that first, especially on dedicated Servers that actually work for Europeans.

Besides that, which I live in the states so I have no idea how wide spread that issue is or isn't, what else is wrong in the game. Honestly, I don't see very much wrong with it in it's current state. These are actually two separate things though. The first thing they are pushing out is a patch to fix a bunch of issues (that haven't been listed yet). The second thing they were telling us about is that they are in the final stages of testing the hardcore playlist that will come out in the coming days, with future updates including additional playlists. The patch is not solely for playlist updates.

Trallafitti

Trallafitti

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Besides that, which I live in the states so I have no idea how wide spread that issue is or isn't, what else is wrong in the game. Honestly, I don't see very much wrong with it in it's current state. These are actually two separate things though. The first thing they are pushing out is a patch to fix a bunch of issues (that haven't been listed yet). The second thing they were telling us about is that they are in the final stages of testing the hardcore playlist that will come out in the coming days, with future updates including additional playlists. The patch is not solely for playlist updates.

Well I am German, got good Internet (anything else works) but (especially) H2A is barely playable. Its like Bullets disappear when shooting, so if I face someone 1vs1 and we both shoot first Ill ALWAYS loose that Battle. Every Match got someone in going +30 Kills onHost while I go -3 with 22 Assists. I have been a long time Halo Player and I can tell wether I am just bad or have a disadvantage because of lag.

And like I said, when watching a Twitch Stream with Americans playing I can see this Game DOES INDEED run smooth, just not here.

I played some H3 on my 360 a couple of nights before and surprisingly, it worked good so Im asking whats the deal with Halo MCCs Halo 3 ?

Just frustrated that my favourite Game just wont work for me. :confused:adface:

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I am German, got good Internet (anything else works) but (especially) H2A is barely playable. Its like Bullets disappear when shooting, so if I face someone 1vs1 and we both shoot first Ill ALWAYS loose that Battle. Every Match got someone in going +30 Kills onHost while I go -3 with 22 Assists. I have been a long time Halo Player and I can tell wether I am just bad or have a disadvantage because of lag.

And like I said, when watching a Twitch Stream with Americans playing I can see this Game DOES INDEED run smooth, just not here.

I played some H3 on my 360 a couple of nights before and surprisingly, it worked good so Im asking whats the deal with Halo MCCs Halo 3 ?

Just frustrated that my favourite Game just wont work for me. :confused:adface:

I totally understand where you're coming from. The only thing I know is that if the game can not connect to a dedicated server it ends up connecting to a local player for host so everyone can get in the match and not get the "game over" screen, although that happens from time to time still. From what I can tell, there are dedicated servers all over the world for gamers in all countries to be able to play; not sure why you're having the issue. Is the issue every single match or.. just a bunch of the matches.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know what it is about today but I have been on the odd number team every game; I thought this issue was fixed. I hadn't ran into this issue for weeks and then all of a sudden 3 games in a row I have been on the odd numbered team. Shoot, one game was 2 vs 5! It sucks when this is what happens when you go in ranked alone.

Trallafitti

Trallafitti

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
By 343 Industries - 1 hour agoOur upcoming content update is undergoing further testing, and will be available within the next few days. For now, a look at what will be included in below.We’d also like to thank those of you who have been enjoying and providing feedback on the newly integrated Team Hardcore and Halo 4 playlists. As we mentioned earlier this week, other fan-favorite playlists, such as Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more are in the works and will be introduced in the near future.upcoming HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION CONTENT UPDATE NOTESOur upcoming content update focuses on UI, matchmaking, game-specific multiplayer and campaign, controls, and stability. We continue to work on additional content updates that will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that will be included in the upcoming update:Matchmaking:
◾Improved matchmaking search success rates.
◾Made an update to reduce instances of “Awaiting Privileges” matchmaking errors.
◾Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
◾Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect “FIND GAME” screen.
◾Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.General Multiplayer:
◾Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
◾Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
◾Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.General Campaigns:
◾Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
◾Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.General Menu:
◾Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
◾Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
◾Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.Control Layouts:
◾Made an update to the Halo 2 Anniversary “Legacy” Stick Layout.Stability:
◾Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.

Source: Halo Forum

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
They should fix the "one or more players is not ready for matchmaking" or something along those lines.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The latest content update is now live and is 762 mb in size.

This patch is money! Finding matches super quick tonight and no issues with parties.

Last edited:
Extinct

Extinct

絶滅
Super Moderators
Content Team
Bug Finder Frame In Gold Glitcher
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The latest content update is now live and is 762 mb in size.

This patch is money! Finding matches super quick tonight and no issues with parties.
Do you know the details of this update?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
This update is boss. Finally getting into games within a few minutes of searching, got into multiple games with 2 people and a couple with 3. Lag seems to be somewhat improved, I still feel like some games I have to shoot guys 5 times just to knock their shield out and another 2 to have the headshot register...but most of the games were pretty good in terms of lag and hits actually counting.

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried to play again with a friend for the first time since launch, Halfway through the game I got booted out to the main menu and then it crashed on me. :/

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried to play again with a friend for the first time since launch, Halfway through the game I got booted out to the main menu and then it crashed on me. :/

Interesting, I would give it a few more games before you get frustrated. I've been playing with parties of all sized the last few days and it has been a huge relief to finally be able to play matches. This patch seems to of done wonders for the game.

Trallafitti

Trallafitti

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This Game is a complete mess.

So I decided to give it another try the past 2 Days, first being stuck for almost an hour at the updating screen at 4% (back checked my connection, it was fine) yesterday. After almost 2 Hours I was able to start the Game.

Did a Hard Reset (XBox) and Router (just to make sure) and searched for a BTB Game to warm up. After sitting in the Lobby, searching for Players for about 45 Minutes, backing out after 5 Minutes, restarting the Game 3 Times coz I COULDNT back out no more I decided to try Halo 3.

I actually got into a Game pretty quick.. BRs on Guardian.. Yaaay.. Exited! We spawn Shotty, I was able to pick up Camo, killed a Guy (at this Moment I thought to myself "HEY! No Lag!"), passed TopMid, jumped to to Snipe, finished a Guy who had the snipe and:

I COULDNT PICK IT UP! I died, spawn s3, return to where I died, Snipe still there, I actually was able to pick it up and:

Blackscreen

During that Game I had like 4-5 Blackscreens until the Game decided to boot me back to the Menu. But no lag.

So I tried another 2 Games in Halo 3, finished one (unsatisfying, half of the enemy team was afk or left mid game), got booted from the other. I gave up frustrated.

Tonight I gave it another try, H2A, 2 Games, both a Lag Fest. Unplayable. Halo 3, like 5-6 Games, 2 were okay, rest had the Blackscreen Issue and, ofcourse Lag.

So I basicly spent around 6 Hours and played 4 (tbh 3 1/2) games. Lame.

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems BTB is a tough one to get a party into. I've tried with a party of 3 and a party of 4 and never got a single game. We gave up and went to another playlist and got in pretty quickly.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems BTB is a tough one to get a party into. I've tried with a party of 3 and a party of 4 and never got a single game. We gave up and went to another playlist and got in pretty quickly.
BTB has had problems since the start, not sure why they didn't remove it in the first place since this playlist actually has problems, compared to the others.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
343i has given us some more details on the latest content update we can expect.

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION CONTENT UPDATES
Continued improvement to the MCC experience remains our top priority as a studio. Work on our upcoming content update focuses on three major areas:
    • Matchmaking search time
    • Match search success
    • Lobby / Party Functionality
Fundamental changes to these systems will improve the overall experience while also allowing us to address additional issues such as title-specific hit registration, matchmaking ranking, and beyond. As this update contains the biggest changes to the Matchmaking system yet, we’ve identified that additional time and testing is required, and we are currently evaluating both timing and need for a CU beta with the Xbox One Preview program, as well as the final public release date in February. We’ll continue to provide the latest updates here on Waypoint.

Lastly, I’d like to thank those of you on Waypoint, r/Halo, Twitter, and elsewhere who have continued to provide info regarding issues you’ve encountered, and more specifically identifying which ones are most important to you – your continued feedback has been invaluable as we work to prioritize fixes within the CU schedule.

HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION PLAYLIST UPDATES
As the dev team works on the above content update and beyond, the playlist team continues to work on upcoming experiences, including featured playlists, updates to existing playlists (available game types, voting options, etc), and more. In the near future, we are aiming to release Team Snipers and an objective-only playlist as featured playlists, and also converting the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist into a cross-game Rumble Pit playlist. We know Team Doubles remains at the top of many wish lists, and it remains at the top of ours as well, but we need to resolve some team creation issues before we can deploy it. So it’s on hold for now, and these fixes are being slotted into content updates. As always, we’ll keep an eye on playlist data to determine what stays, what goes, and what’s next
Halo Waypoint

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll hold my breath.

Yeah, this is your typical "update". We are working on this and that and have plans in the future for this. There still is not a word on ranking so I doubt they will ever add that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register