OFFICIAL - Title Update 4 Release Notes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Gerbur, Jun 19, 2009 with 8 replies and 608 views.

1. Gerbur

Gerbur Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OFFICIAL - Title Update 4 Release Notes (TU4 Coming This Weekend)

Epic Games Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL - Title Update 4 Release Notes

So it seems Epic finally fixed the SPG, but they missed two important issues: Lag and bad host selection.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. dirtovermud

dirtovermud Newbie

Ratings:
    So, does them getting rid of the SPG mean Microsoft is going to stop doing ban waves and resetting rank 100's? Or maybe they'll cut back on the time they do it?

Epic is never gonna fix lag or bad host selection, at least, not in Gears 2. Hopefully they'll get it right in Gears 3 though:frown:

3. x iM 2 iLL o

x iM 2 iLL o Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Damn, so we can't do the spg anymore for ranks, or seriously? That sucks. I'm sure somebody will find another way though.

4. Infamous JC

Infamous JC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Title Update 4 also allows the host to kick players from a Public Horde session.

wtf is Epic thinking? Also it looks like I'm gonna have to do the SPG glitch finally. My legit rank 56 got ****ed over and now I'm level 1 again. I forgot to save a back up so I might as well get the achievement. Whatever.

5. ThisShierSpear

ThisShierSpear Newbie

Ratings:
    I lost my rank 46 this morning because of Epic's ****ty coding. I'll be doing the SPG glitch now too.

6. OP
    Gerbur

Gerbur Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well, looks like TU4 will be released sometime this weekend.

July 4th Weekend Event - XP Galore/Ticker Infestation - Epic Games Forums

7. nicknewt

nicknewt Enthusiast

Ratings:
    its not really a fix, all you have to do is clear the cache on your hdd, spg offline and then sign back in... fail.

8. ShadowZ

ShadowZ Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just means that we gotta do it the old fashioned way... By hexing. I got the lvl 100 data as well...

Can anyone bridge still? I have not been able to get host but it always happens when I start a new account.

9. Shu

Shu Newbie

Ratings:
    I would like to be able to find more than one or two players at a time, used to be able to.