Official Sugar Smash Release/Discussion Thread

MatthewH

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Coldfire here once again with yet another game for everyone! We're still working on Bit Runner, currently I'm reflowing a new chart for a newish character movement system. Anyway, not the point.
This thread was originally for people to "meet Marshy" who is the main character for our game. However, I'm changing it now to a discussion thread and idea thread...and also a release thread.

So what is Sugar Smash? It's a round-based, infinite, candy wave survival. Why? Because why the hell not?
There's not estimated time of completion since it's just A AgentWonderbread and I doing it, and we really don't want to release a crappy game that's buggy. Anyway, I've been jumping around a bunch in this thread but oh well.

If you want to keep up with Silent Games (mine and A AgentWonderbread 's), which Sugar Smash will be released under...please keep up with us and communicate with us on Twitter and Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/silentgamesofficial
https://twitter.com/SilentGames_

Now, images. Time for an Imgur album! In this album is all the currently released images plus some other random stuff. I will try to keep this album updated with new stuff.

Other than images, many concepts and ideas are thrown around.
So we have a few more ideas, and we'll add to these ideas as times goes.
Format: Idea (author).

Current Concepts/Ideas

• Online co-op (Silent Games)
  • Character customization (stemmed from a Facebook comment & G GoldBl4d3 "chocolate and swirl Marshy")
  • Sectioned map - buying new portions of the map to play on (Silent Games)
  • Candy Guns (stemmed from G GoldBl4d3 's "chocolate and graham cracker bullets")
  • Ragdoll mode (Silent Games)

Last edited:

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Haha Interesting.
Will the graphics be as shown above, or is that just an image.

We could hack the game and get the mini gun on spawn :tongue:

MatthewH

Reaction score
Haha Interesting.
Will the graphics be as shown above, or is that just an image.

We could hack the game and get the mini gun on spawn :tongue:
They will be like that, more or less.

And good luck, everything is obscured and protected :wink:

MatthewH

Reaction score
And just for a preview of the living room (still working on kitchen lighting)...
This is the view from the kitchen.

GoldBl4d3

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Hahaha I love it. That is awesome to be honest. Any details of the game? What about chocolate marshy and swirl marshy?

MatthewH

Reaction score
Sorry, meant to respond the other day!
Hahaha I love it. That is awesome to be honest. Any details of the game? What about chocolate marshy and swirl marshy?
Those two designs didn't occur to me originally, but definitely a good idea! I'll be sure to add it at some point.
When it comes to details. There's honestly not to much to say. It's a pretty straight forward game. You're a marshmallow named Marshy. You have to survive infinite waves of enemies (models being worked on). It's fun to play for sure though. :tongue: I've gotten addicted to the pre model version.

Nice! Is the player model human or equivalent to an actual marshmallow
Uh, what?

Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks for the positive feedback :biggrin: I'm not as active as coldfire on here, but I'm also working on this project with him; more renders will come soon haha :smile:

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Can I eat him instead?
Lol this looks terrific. Can't wait for the actual game. :biggrin:

MatthewH

Reaction score
That kitchen looks rather large, asking if the player model human sized or marshmallow size?
He is marshmallow size. You'll see why it's big in a second.

Update to explain the map.
As you can see it is rather large. This is prepping for 2 things. In the first public release we're blocking everything but the counter/stove area which is where you'll be playing. The rest of the house is only slightly furnished.
Over the updates we'll be optimizing, retexturing, etc. However. One thing we will add is map sections. So with so many cubes you can buy the key to the next area, or whatever we will be doing for it.
These updates will only come depending on popularity. Kind of like crowdfunding with the game.
And if the sales are enough then we'll work on an online co-op section. :smile:

Also. Price wise. I'm thinking $7.99. What do you all think? This covers taxes, payments, and online server in future. I think it's fair. Any objections? Leaving it to the community although the ultimate decision is Silent Games.

#1000thPost

Top Bottom