What's new

Official mod request topic

S

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
because my computer won't let me partion my disk for a windows os and be able to play gta4 to test mods, id like to let you guys do it, with my ideas other people's, if you want, and if you can, that'd be great. and if you're going to do it for BOGT, try to make it for original GTA 4 too.

So if you want to make an idea possible then see what you can do and inform us on anything you might want to change or suggest.

if done and error free, upload the file or files as a zip and make it available and ill edit my post with the download link. do not upload the common. just the edited files. and it would be great if you included a readme file saying what was edited.

IDEAS:

shooting random objects:
for example, an exploding suitcase. a member on gtaforums created it here and created the weapon block GTAForums.com -> [DOC] WeaponInfo.xml

Extreme gore:
it has been done before but make it more intense

rain looks like snow:
possible? slow down the speed that the rain comes down and change the color to white? sounds possible.

no falling damage:
not possible? it has to be possible. why wouldn't it. is it not something you can edit in a common file?

no vehicle damage:
put all car's mass to zero? what would happen?

negative punch force:
want to stop people from punching your car a mile away? a physics force of -90000000 should do the trick.

instant hit explosions:
it is possible. ive seen video for pc version using it. look into it please.

less smoke explosions:
the annihilator in bogt had some good powerful explosions without a lot of smoke. perhaps recreate that but with a more powerful and maybe larger explosion.

regular bullet shooting gun:
id suggest the quick shooting sniper, and make it shoot just regular bullets, instant hit, and also extremely high damage. like shoot a car once and it explodes.

unbreakable choppers:
extremely annoying when chopper blades or tail comes off:
i do believe this can be fixable.

non freeze hele cars:
cars that fly like a helicopter, but don't freeze. i'd honestly rather have that than cars that fly like planes just because they can hover and reverse easy.

others can also feel free to give ideas.

The following should have the titles of any fulfilled ideas and the download link.

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
no vehicle damage:
put all car's mass to zero? what would happen?
Be more specific, cars do not suffer from collision damage, do you mean edit them so they will not lose car doors ECT?

S

shaunr

Reaction score
do not suffer from collision damage is what i mean

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Vehicles do not suffer from collision damage as of current, review the handing file with an editor at the "damage" section you should see various modifiers.

Negative force on the punch will make you go to opposite direction when punched to get rid this simply set physics force to 0.0

For the exploading suitcase bomb, you must acknowledge that the other players in the game will never see the suitcase and it is merely a model, at least I believe so.

I'll work on "snow" rain.

S

shaunr

Reaction score
Cathering said:
Vehicles do not suffer from collision damage as of current, review the handing file with an editor at the "damage" section you should see various modifiers.

Negative force on the punch will make you go to opposite direction when punched to get rid this simply set physics force to 0.0

For the exploading suitcase bomb, you must acknowledge that the other players in the game will never see the suitcase and it is merely a model, at least I believe so.

I'll work on "snow" rain.

with vehicle collision i mean being immune to another car. and i know you could set the force to 0 but it would be more fun when someone punches you and they die because they just got plowed by your car.

and i thought it would work if others could see it, because others can see it when i launch the molotov grenades, or are they too different?

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Many, many people thought the negative force on the sniper rifle was incredibly annoying so I don't think punching negative force would be very constructive, however that's ones opinion.

and i thought it would work if others could see it, because others can see it when i launch the molotov grenades, or are they too different?
The players will see your grenade as a projectile because that's standard in their weapon file.

The model file that is presently set in their weapon file they will see, for example if you changed the grenades to some other model e.g. rocket, they will still see it as a grenade.

S

shaunr

Reaction score
is negative damage possible? say someone is shooting at you and instead of them hurting you, they hurt themself but it won't apply to you because lets say you shoot rockets. would that work?

Top Bottom