• Start date
  • Views 1,067
Nuclear Taco

Nuclear Taco

I Leik Minecraft
Reaction score
Sin$
In case you didn't hear... Quote
Jens Bergensten said: Until January I will be the only developer on Minecraft, so things will have to be slow initially. But my absolute main priority now is to create a mod API, because there is no way in hell I will be able to add as much content as the whole internet can do. The game needs an API, so end users can obtain the mods without hassle. I'm not going to do it all by myself though. We have a new programmer beginning in January, and we are talking to existing mod API teams, such as Bukkit, Minecraft Forge, and Minecraft Coder Pack. He went on to add that a release for the new API would likely be seen no sooner than March.

I'm not sure where this info came from but here's the src http://zidmc.x10.bz/index.php?topic=2258.msg13427#msg13427

So modders, what are you hoping for in this :biggrin:?

Can a mod fix the title -.-

Nuclear Taco

Nuclear Taco

I Leik Minecraft
Reaction score
Sin$
It would be awesome if Mojang collaborated with Bukkit.
I think minecraft needs something like gmod has, it downloads any addons needed. So servers could use custom blocks/items without the player having to download tons of s***

Nuclear Taco

Nuclear Taco

I Leik Minecraft
Reaction score
Sin$
I just realized that this will probalbly have most abilities of a lot more than just modloader :biggrin:

Maybe we can take our nodding up a NOTCH ;D

J

Joe12o

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As a modder, I'd say I'd be happy with them just releasing the unobfuscated source to modders so I wouldn't need to spend so much time every time they update waiting for MCP to update, then fixing the errors caused by the update. This might also decrease the amount of spam about when I will be updating I get while waiting for MCP to update because I could update my mods faster. It would be nice if they implemented something like ModLoader and MC Forge combined, but expanded upon the two to allow more freedom to modders. That's all I have to say about that. :wink:

cosbraa

cosbraa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am not exactly sure what a modding API is? What is MCP?
Well whatever it is I want it haha.

M

Malo

- Premium Member -
Reaction score
Sin$
Well i think there needs to be a menu of mods that people can submit, and anyone can see and click "Download" if they want it, and there could be a list of your mods and there is a button in there that you can remove it :tongue: or make mod packages, and share them with everyone.... good idea?

Top Bottom
Login
Register