Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Latest LT+ firmware released! Click here!

It's official, the newest dashboard (2.0.13146.0) will be released to the public May 19th. I will update this thread with updates from my sources on additional information regarding updates this dashboard provides. Here is what has been confirmed:

• Reflashes the DVD drives : PLDS DG-16D4S, PBDS VAD6038 and PLDS DG-16D2S, to a new stock firmware : 0272, 04421C, 02510C.
  • Table and anti-piracy 2.5 scheme updated.
  • Support for the new XGD3 disk format for games, adds 1GB of usable disk space and extra anti-piracy features to new games (This may not be compatible with some older Xbox 360 SKUs, e.g. those with Lite-On drives circa 2009, which require a console replacement). [2]
  • Adds a new 1 hour Auto-Off setting in addition to the 6 hour Auto-Off setting previously available.
  • Adds PayPal support as a payment option for all Xbox Live users, except Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Japan, Russia, Polish , South Africa, South Korea and Taiwan[3].
  • Avatar Kinect. Allowing players to scan their face in real-time to match with their avatar.
  • Adds multi-language voice commands for Kinect. (French and German confirmed.)
  • Minor bugfix.

Discussion regarding the update includes when you get it, thoughts about it (what you like, what you don't), any mod related consequences, etc. Keep it relevant and clean.

Here are my sources which I will be sticking to for updates:
Xbox 360 Dashboard Wiki
c4eva Speaks!
Xbox-Scene

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Will the face scan work with a Vision Cam?

React X

XiRuLe75X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard you can reflash your BenQ after the new update unless you saved your DvD key.
Should I update tommorow if i have a Benq flashed

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard you can reflash your BenQ after the new update unless you saved your DvD key.

It is possible this can cause a flag. If BenQs and Lite-Ons are re-flashed on this dashboard, it is best to wait for c4eva to determine what to do.

React X

XiRuLe75X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is possible this can cause a flag. If BenQs and Lite-Ons are re-flashed on this dashboard, it is best to wait for c4eva to determine what to do.
kk thanks I will keep watching.
O, you think i should update tommorow or wait until everything is clear.

React X

XiRuLe75X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think theirs an update today. Probably Tuesday... That's when all the new s*** usually comes.

0wl

0wl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hulu for the Xbox is pretty sweet. I can't believe they still have adds for hulu plus though. The two week free trial is nice: www.hulu.com/plus/unlock . If you use a referrer you can get 2 more free weeks btw. I'll probably just stick with netflix though.

Tyler

Tyler

Reaction score
Sin$
Just a heads up, this was not a dashboard update. In fact, no update at all was rolled out today.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a heads up, this was not a dashboard update. In fact, no update at all was rolled out today.

That's what it seems like. Hulu plus was just a download. I am going to download and see if it requires a dash update.

Will wait till later to re-name the thread, but I did not receive an update.

React X

XiRuLe75X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft is playing with us. Did anyone try any burnt games to see if it works?

Miami Heat

Miami Heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just went online, nothing to DL, but my Lite on is reading burned games. :biggrin:

DTAHoNDa447

DTAHoNDa447

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a flashed lite-on as well. Not sure if i want to go online tho

Tyler

Tyler

Reaction score
Sin$
No update was needed to use Hulu. It worked once I set up an account and loaded it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register