[OFFICIAL] Campaign boosting thread

Discussion in 'Gears of War Boosting & Matches' started by XoB LiI Jinz, Nov 3, 2011 with 40 replies and 3,296 views.

1. XoB LiI Jinz

XoB LiI Jinz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ...wow, I accidentally the whole thing.
    Okay, lets start over.

A lot of people have been posting that they want to get into a 2-2 lobby, or that they are hosting one. So let me announce to you what will hopefully soon be the official campaign reverting thread.

Intro:
    for those of you who don't know, the "2-2 revert" exploit is exactly what it sounds like, reverting your save on chapter 2 act 2 to achieve high amounts of exp.

Step by step tutorial:
    1. Load up chapter 2-2 on the hardest difficulty you can handle, with the hardest mutators you can handle
    (More mutators and higher difficulty lead to more exp)
    2. Play through the level normally, be careful not to die (for the "survivalist" medal)
    3.when you get to the valley, kill every enemy except 1, try to down a few enemies for added insurance.
    4. Have the host of the game (The "Runner) stand at the gate at the end of the game, then wait for the enemies to die (Bleed out, bots kill, etc)
    5. When the last enemies die, Marcus will say something, and the gate will open. When that happens, run to the end of the level.
    6. You will get the campaign complete screen, it will show you your score, and a cutscene will occur. During this cutscene, the host will pause the game and revert to last checkpoint.
    7.Repeat steps 5 and 6

If any steps should be added/ altered, tell me and I will post them.

Rules:
    1. The host earns the "Number 1" medal, always.
    2. If the host feels you are more of a burden then it's worth, the host is allowed kick you.
    3. If you are swapping, please try to swap right after the other person is done, instead of "I'll pay you back tomorrow"

If any rules should be added/ altered, tell me and I will post them.

Tips:
    Prioritize: most people play on insane, which can be very difficult for some. Prioritize targets that will mess you up first. Savage boomers, tickers, and retro lancer turrets will destroy you faster than you can say "The ________ is destroying me!"
    Spot your enemies: you want to maximize your points, and spotting enemies gives you some assist points, even if you didn't do any damage, if everybody is spotting, everybody gets a lil bit more exp every revert. Plus it makes it easier to find and kill enemies for everybody.
    Blindfire: yes, I said blindfire. Everything you kill ups your multiplier, which greatly helps your overall score. however, going down, or taking damage for that matter, drops it, if you want the most amount of exp, avoid taking damage at all
    cost.
    If any tips should be added/ altered, tell me and I will post them.

The list:
    Below is a list of people and what they are on this page for, There are 3 positions available to choose from. Runner: You want to be host and do the running and reverting to (good for people that want the "number 1" medal and more exp.
    Idle: You're willing to contribute to the game, but don't want to be host (Good for people who want to get exp, but don't want to sit through the game to do it
    Swap: You're willing to run, but not the whole time, you do your "shift" of running, then you end the game so somebody else can host and do their shift of running.

I am not going to lie to you guys, if you want to rank up the fastest, the best choice for you is "Swap" this position allows you go get up to 4x the time put in towards running. If you run for 1 hour, then swap off every 1 hour, you can get 4 hours of reverting in 1 day, and you'd only have to be there to complete the mission after the hour was up.

If you would like to be added to the list, add your info in the layout used in the example below

GAMERTAG (hours willing to contribute per sitting)
    position

example
    XoB Lil Jinz (2hrs)
    Runner

The Blacklist:
    The blacklist is used for people who you decided, for whatever reason, you do not wish to boost with. note that getting on the3 blacklist is not a death sentence. Being blacklisted simply means that people should be wary of playing with you. Below is an example of reasons why people would end up on the Blacklist, and the layout used to add them there.below.

Dying too many times
    Not contributing to the game
    Ending their turn early
    Not taking their turn
    General A**holeness

GAMERTAG (of the guy you blacklisted) for REASON, by GAMERTAG (yours)

example
    Sniper Pro, for dying too many times, by XoB Lil Jinz
    again, the blacklist doesn't mean this person is the spawn of Satan, it simply means that YOU would not boost with them again.

The Platinum List: If we have a list to shun the naughty people, It's only fair to praise those who are nice: below is an example of reasons why people would end up on the platinum list, and the layout used to add them there.

Dealing with your many deaths (most people give you 3, some give you more. because we all have bad days)
    Running a little bit over there time
    Allowing you to finish your time a little early.
    giving you #1 when they host
    Superior manners
    Superior skills

GAMERTAG (of the guy you Platinum Listed) for REASON, by GAMERTAG (yours)

example
    Sniper Pro, for running 15 extra minutes, by XoB Lil Jinz

Without further a due, let me post the (hopefully soon to be) OFFICIAL 3-3 revert list

Runners:
    GeT EmBaRRaSSeD (unspecified)

Idlers:
    Plunther
    Sam legacy
    X Recoil Y

Swappers:
    Siktec (1-2 hrs)
    Yir Ma1991 (1-2 hrs):
    Decimator1991 (1-2 hrs)
    sV Cynic (1-2 hrs)
    d3mon wo1f (unspecified)

Blacklist:
    JETS NATION (for insulting my job and general a**holeness) by XoB Lil Jinz

Platinum List:
    XoB Lil Jinz (for writing up this whole damn thing... twice xD) by XoB Lil Jinz
    Siktec (for dealing with my many deaths) by XoB Lil Jinz
    Siktec (confirmed legit) by Yir Ma1991
    Yir Ma1991 (confirmed legit) by Siktec

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR ChiKKen Swoup

Ratings:
    can you add the best methods for campaign boosting , text tutorial or video... :smile:

oh and adding "OFFICIAL" does not make it OFFICIAL....if a mod/admin posted it then it would be official.

3. OP
    XoB LiI Jinz

XoB LiI Jinz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    will do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR ChiKKen Swoup

Ratings:
    I heard its the most effective method beside KOTH boosting , is it true?
    i'm new to this method :tongue:

5. Siktec

Siktec Enthusiast

Ratings:
    GT: Siktec
    Position: Both
    Time willing to run: 1-2 hours

6. OP
    XoB LiI Jinz

XoB LiI Jinz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hopefully if enough people post here it can get stickied and actually become official. that's what i'm aiming for

unless you are KOTH boosting on double exp, yes

7. Yir Ma1991

Yir Ma1991 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    GT: Yir Ma1991

Time willing to run: i will run for 1-2 hours everytime i'm on :
    When i'm idle i can stay on for a few hours :smile:

8. OP
    XoB LiI Jinz

XoB LiI Jinz Enthusiast

Ratings:
  9. decimator1991

decimator1991 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    GT: Decimator1991

10. Ban

Ban Enthusiast

Ratings:
    GT: Plunther

Time: as long as you want

Position: Idle

11. Zyzz

Zyzz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    GT: sV Cynic

12. Yir Ma1991

Yir Ma1991 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    More guys need to post here if they want to campaign boost, get this pinned so it is official as it's a brilliant Idea to have it all on 1 post

13. LPP

LPP Newbie

Ratings:
    position: both
    time willing to run: 1-1 and a half hours

14. OP
    XoB LiI Jinz

XoB LiI Jinz Enthusiast

Ratings:
    gamertag?

15. Yir Ma1991

Yir Ma1991 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i'm running with sictek and cpt jericho, those 2 guys are 100% legit =]

16. Siktec

Siktec Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yir Ma1991 is legit booster. :biggrin:

17. GeT EmBaRRaSSeD

GeT EmBaRRaSSeD Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Willing to run as long as possible, got the whole weekend off.

No idea on how to do this, couldn't find any tuts. If someone would be kind enough to PM how this works. I'd be really grateful.

18. RuCKuS

RuCKuS Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I assume they are just doing the Act 2, Chap 2 revert, vid here:
    http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/597389-campaign-revert-act-2-chap-2-xp-worth-it-1-hour/

19. CallMeNamu

CallMeNamu Enthusiast

Ratings:

Hey if you are doing this tonight can you send me an Invite?

20. Oreo is iLL

Oreo is iLL Newbie

Ratings:
    GT: Oreo is iLL

Position: ???

Time willing to run: I'm always on so 24/7