• Start date
  • Views 1,312
OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Just saw this on CALLOFDUTY's YouTube channel. All features of Elite will be available for FREE for BO2.

Ancalagon posted this link to a brief article in another thread, I added it here for convenience.
http://oneofswords.com/2012/10/call-of-duty-elite-is-free-for-black-ops-ii/

Cory IRL

Crazyvette

Boing!
Reporter Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just saw this on CALLOFDUTY's YouTube channel. All features of Elite will be available for FREE for BO2.

Basically, all the stuff that I couldn't care less about with MW3 Elite Premium, is now free.

omdanoalfx

omdanoalfx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol...then theater is free?? i can upload to youtube full gameplay??

*throwing pvr in garbage*

Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds

That **** Cray
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice :smile: So basically we just have to pay for the season pass for map packs.

DeweyCox

DeweyCox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice :smile: So basically we just have to pay for the season pass for map packs.
No, you can buy them individually as they come out--which is the way it should be instead of the ridiculous MW3 elite system that served to split up players/friends and push map packs back an additional 2 months for standard PS3 users or 1 month for xbox non-elite members.

How many times have you said or heard, "Oh, we can't play those maps because ____ doesn't have elite"

kainoa25

kainoa25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol...then theater is free?? i can upload to youtube full gameplay??

*throwing pvr in garbage*
Wait tell your garbage man to hold on. *Runs up to you.* I'll take it :smile: lol but seriously keep the PVR the theater mode has crappy quality and also only records 1 minute of gameplay thats my youtube channel sucks cause I don't have a PVR but use the theater mode crap instead.

Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds

That **** Cray
Hardened Veteran Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
No, you can buy them individually as they come out--which is the way it should be instead of the ridiculous MW3 elite system that served to split up players/friends and push map packs back an additional 2 months for standard PS3 users or 1 month for xbox non-elite members.

How many times have you said or heard, "Oh, we can't play those maps because ____ doesn't have elite"
I know I'm not saying you HAVE to get the season pass I'm saying that's an option.

omdanoalfx

omdanoalfx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait tell your garbage man to hold on. *Runs up to you.* I'll take it :smile: lol but seriously keep the PVR the theater mode has crappy quality and also only records 1 minute of gameplay thats my youtube channel sucks cause I don't have a PVR but use the theater mode crap instead.
thx for the advice ...but did you really thought that i will throw my pvr...lol i paid 400$ for it...

(i am keeping it for gameplay of other games)

but just mentioning that free elite services is super

Ancalagon

Ancalagon

To thy own self be true
Stickied Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to add that Map packs will cost 1200MSP each. Season pass will cost 4000MSP. It is the same invoicing as last years Elite premium (I know Elite BO2 has nothing to do with maps).

Sorry for using MSP, but we all know USD and GBP but some people need to know in MSP.

kainoa25

kainoa25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
thx for the advice ...but did you really thought that i will throw my pvr...lol i paid 400$ for it...

(i am keeping it for gameplay of other games)

but just mentioning that free elite services is super
No of course not :tongue: or at least I hope not? o_O Anyways yeah something you will most likely discover eventually from recording that It still might be better to record live gameplay rather than recording your gameplay in theater mode cause theater mode can glitch sometimes and could possibly ruin a sweet quad or something.

Yo, can I have it? In trying to get off of using theater to upload to YouTube :smile:
Ugghh I asked first dude. So no you gotta find someone else to mooch off of lol

Nighthawk30

Nighthawk30

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No of course not :tongue: or at least I hope not? o_O Anyways yeah something you will most likely discover eventually from recording that It still might be better to record live gameplay rather than recording your gameplay in theater mode cause theater mode can glitch sometimes and could possibly ruin a sweet quad or something.

Ugghh I asked first dude. So no you gotta find someone else to mooch off of lol
Damn, ok. *Slowly sneaks back into the shadows

OLine57

OLine57

ALL GAVE SOME. SOME GAVE ALL. 343
Hardened Veteran Gifter Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$

There will be a season pass for DLC. However, if you by the season pass, you will not get the maps any sooner than someone who did not buy the season pass. However, Xbox 360 users will get the DLC first.

xXmanslaughtrXx

xXmanslaughtrXx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There will be a season pass for DLC. However, if you by the season pass, you will not get the maps any sooner than someone who did not buy the season pass. However, Xbox 360 users will get the DLC first.
either way you get it ahead of time so you're not scavenging for that extra 20$

NoBeefBoss

NoBeefBoss

Sports Fanatic
Legendary Veteran Grammar Nazi Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I could of swore I saw someone post a thread earlier that it was going to be like $55.

Trey3arc

OzNath

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would like to add that Map packs will cost 1200MSP each. Season pass will cost 4000MSP. It is the same invoicing as last years Elite premium (I know Elite BO2 has nothing to do with maps).

Sorry for using MSP, but we all know USD and GBP but some people need to know in MSP.
It's interesting when you see that your paying about $50 for DLC thats nearly as much as the game.Money hungry COD franchise

Top Bottom
Login
Register