• Thread starter ajdragon
  • Start date
  • Views 1,188
A

ajdragon

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

I know this is going to be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it any ways. Has anyone tried hacking the updates for the XBOX 360, I'm sure somebody as tried, and I'm sure theirs a reason that it doesn't work? But you would think that would be the best way to reprogram the system. The updates do after all have the ability to reprogram the whole system, which would mean that the updates would contain the necessary codes for activating the bios for a full system update. I read or watched something that said that MS was able to block hackers just by updating the system.

Something else that I just thought of was that the current update would have the next set of necessary codes for allowing the next update to work. So if you could extract those codes from the update you could in theory make your own update. I do know MS allows you to download the update so you can burn a CD so you can install the updates manually for systems with out internet access.

Last edited:
A

ajdragon

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

Like you said if you modify the update from MS, it's not going to work. But what I was thinking of was not modifying the update but makeing the next update before MS could release a new one. Of course that would depend heavily on wether or not someone could de-compile or hack the current update inorder to get the new athorized security codes so that you could trick the xbox 360 into thinking that the new custom update was a authentic MS update. I'm sure someone has tried, I was just curious.

Top Bottom
Login
Register