What's new

Solved Odd rgh 1.2 falcon

• Thread starter soundcolor
  • Start date
  • Views 244
S

soundcolor

Reaction score
Thought I'd toss this out for some insight as I'm a little baffles by this one.

Rgh 1.2 falcon with cool runner rev c. Nand read and flash went perfect, console booted slowly at first. Adjusted a few wires and then it was fine.

Went to drop it in the metal case, nothing. Won't boot. Took it back out, boots fine. Back in... Won't boot.

Figures I was shorting on something so I covered all the solder joints on the bottom with 33, booted fine outside the chassis, put it back in and no boot.

I got the console from GameStop, the clk point on top had the trace ripped off and the pad yanked so I jumped the upped clk with a short piece of 30 guage to the too side pinout and the resistor, then tied the clk on the cool runner to the alternate point on the bottom.

Not sure what the problem is, I've desoldered and resoldered everything multiple times to ensure proper joints.

Damn thing just won't boot in the chassis. Any ideas?

S

soundcolor

Reaction score
And sorry for the poor auto correct on my phone.

Also, thought I'd mention for what it's worth that GameStop bolt and fan modded it.
I of course, yanked the bolts outta the heatsinks, used a dial micrometer and hand filled nylon washers to replace their half assed attempt and removed the 12v fan mod wire hackjob they did because I can dial the fans up in dashlaunch.

I also checked the board for straightness, it's got a slight warp to it without the heatsinks but nothing major.

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
U mean won't boot as in ; glitches /pulses but won't boot ? Or no fan spin?

S

soundcolor

Reaction score
Fan spins, center light blinks, coolru mer light blinks, then stops then blinks then stops in sync with fan slowing...

But won't ever glitch and finish booting, shows nothing on screen just sits there fans wide open running.

The minute I pull it out of the chassis, insta boots into Xbox dash, recognizing hdd and us will operate perfectly for over an hour... Until I put it back in the chassis and then... Nothing .

N

Newsk

Contributor
Reaction score
phats are really susceptible to interference. I remember removing the metal lid to get some booting better. would suggest posting some clear pics of all your current connections/routes

Top Bottom