What's new

Solved Odd problem; booting dash not xell

Did you find this thread to be helpful in anyway?

• Yes

• No

• KMS jk

Results are only viewable after voting.
U

UniGaMeR043

Reaction score
Sin$
Falcon 17511 cb 5774
Ace v3
So i am trying to boot to xell and i cant seem to get there with this console. I have tried the ecc from jrunner and the ecc for ace, multiple timing files and when it boots it boots dashboard. Has anyone seen this before using the ace glitch chip. If anyone need pictures i can post those as requested.

So some information for anyone that finds this thread if you have a falcon with the cb of 5774 you can not glitch it.
In my experience i was reading about people having problems creating the ecc file and others with what sounded like the same issue i was having.
J-runner; jr programmer
Read the nand 4 times; 4 clean dumps; create ecc; wrote ecc; no errors sofar. Now i try to boot xell; glitch light; flicker; weak reset light; ROL lights up, No Xell Boots DASHBOARD..... WTF odd. Tried my other jr programmer wrote the ecc again... Same results...
So after i wrote the ecc to the console i decided to take another nand dump and compare it to the original dumps from the beginning and to my surprise the console never took the ecc the dumps were exactly the same.
So the consoles with a cb 5774, the nand will not take any modifications but you can take perfect clean copys of the nand.

Last edited:
Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Have u already gotten your cpu key and written the full rgh image? In that case use eject to boot the console and it will boot to xell. If not then sounds like you haven't written ecc to the nand .

U

UniGaMeR043

Reaction score
Sin$
Have u already gotten your cpu key and written the full rgh image? In that case use eject to boot the console and it will boot to xell. If not then sounds like you haven't written ecc to the nand .
No i am trying to get the cpu key, i have written 3 different ecc files about to try xebuild's verson.
Now i just have to put this out there when i have certain timing files programmed that when i push the eject button it glitch cycles then boots dash not xell; other timming files either shorted or lengthened or even just not boot.
Also i followed this tut, https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...get-a-cr4-like-experience-phats-only.1349194/ .. And thia was showing for the ace you dont use clk is that correct or do i need it with the ace v3

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well it must not be writing then cause after u write ecc files your console can no longer boot to the dash . It will either rrod if no chips wired up, infinitely glitch if the chips not wired properly /wrong timing, or boot xell. I would remove power from the chip and verify that it still boots to the dash.
And yes the ace has its own clk signal so u can't have both clk at same time .
Do u have a log from jrunner ? Post it here

On another note I wouldn't recomend using an Ace for rgh 1.2 . Especially if u aren't using the 22k ohm resistor in pll bypass ! Coolrunner rev c ,or matrix v1 /v3 is what u want .

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As far as certain files booting to dash and others not. not all timings are dual nand compadible. With a chip wired up and stock nand written some files will boot to the dash (the dual nand files) and the others won't boot at all or simply red ring out .

U

UniGaMeR043

Reaction score
Sin$
As far as certain files booting to dash and others not. not all timings are dual nand compadible. With a chip wired up and stock nand written some files will boot to the dash (the dual nand files) and the others won't boot at all or simply red ring out .
Well i havn't gotten rrod on this console yet. I do have a 22k resistor in there, also i know to use xecuter coolrunner rev c i have done many of them i only have the ace v3 chip right now i was just trying to get this rgh going with one of them.

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (7) Started

Connection Error
Checking Files
Connection Error
Initializing nanddump1.bin..
Falcon/Opus
Jtag Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Comparing...
Nands are the same
Glitch2 Selected
CR4 Selected
Falcon Manually Selected
ECC created
Version: 10
Flash Config: 0x01198010
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!
in 0:18 min:confused:ec

USB XSVF Player Initialized
Xilinx XC2C128-VQ100 ......... [DETECTED]
Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\t_arena\Falcon\falcon_200S_E_7_L_1_P_20_POST0.xsvf
Sending Out Packets .........
Success
Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\t_arena\Falcon\falcon_200S_E_7_L_1_P_20_POST0.xsvf
Success
Erase Succeeded
Success
Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\t_arena\Falcon\falcon_200S_E_8_L_1_P_20_POST0.xsvf
Success
Xilinx Device ..... [NOT DETECTED]
Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\t_arena\Falcon\falcon_200S_E_8_L_1_POST0.xsvf
Success
Falcon Manually Selected
Falcon Manually Selected
ECC created
CR4 de-Selected
CR4 Selected
CR4 de-Selected
Falcon Manually Selected
ECC created
Falcon Manually Selected
Writing Nand
image_00000000.ecc
Done!

Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\RGH 1.2\jasper_dyn2.xsvf
Success
Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\RGH 1.2\try_these_first\ace_dgx\xsvf\rgh12_12.xsvf
Success
Falcon Manually Selected
Writing Nand
FALCON_ACE_69.ecc
Done!

Xilinx Device ..... [NOT DETECTED]
Erase Succeeded
File: E:\xbox rgh ace 11-12-17\15432_soft\15432_soft\t_arena\Falcon\falcon_300_E_1_L_1.xsvf
Success

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly man idk? Don't know how it's booting dash with only ecc written. This is something I've never ran into nor read about that I can remeber .

U

UniGaMeR043

Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly man idk? Don't know how it's booting dash with only ecc written. This is something I've never ran into nor read about that I can remeber .
im going to try a few things, im going to read the nand from the console right now and compare to the previous dumps that i took and see even it is actually written to the console. i let you know what happens.

U

UniGaMeR043

Reaction score
Sin$
also im going to post a few picture on this console for your reference, when i first opened it up i thought it was a jasper 16mb but the power plug is a falcon. im doing this because i never seen a falcon with only top side ram

So something to add the cb of the console is 5774. Also i found several threads on people having the same problem with would seem that the falcon boards with a cb of 5774 are unglitchable.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/rgh-17150-cb-5774-wont-glitch.1339722/

http://www.xboxhacks.de/falcon_ecc_erstellen_funktioniert_nicht.t56712.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register