NXE,wtf MS?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Ghost Sarge, Nov 18, 2008 with 14 replies and 492 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    alright,although the NXE is supposed to released tomorrow its for download today.you see i was one of the people who updated their consoles early. now it says update required when i sign in.So i begin to update it sends me back to the dash asking:do you want to update?
    Now what?Does that mean everyone who updated early is now banned?for good?

2. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    did you click yes when it asked again if you wanted to updatE?

3. bazgee

bazgee Newbie

Ratings:
    What exactly do you mean? Everyone who got the leaked version of NXE has always been able too see the update screen yet it doesnt connect to LIVE so we cant actually do anything about it until the 19th.

Regards
    Baz[Click here to view the link]

4. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    its just because you have the update already just wait till tomorrow

5. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    It's only the 18th..

I'm sure they probably are releasing it the 19th EST or PST or something. Just wait.

6. OP
    Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you see i updated like a week ago,but today its asking for another update?and it wont work.i still have nxe though.

major nelson: Instead of adding another 10,000 people to the preview program like we did last week, we've decided to do something a little different: everyone who successfully applied to the preview program (and submitted a valid console ID) will be getting the New Xbox Experience sometime within the next few hours. That’s right…we’re hooking everyone else up with NXE a bit early. If you signed up and are not prompted, that means you did not enter your console ID properly and you'll have to wait until Wednesday.

Don’t worry, it’s almost here.

LOL THEY MUST HAVE THOUGHT I WAS IN THE PREVIEW PROGRAM!XD

7. dual

dual Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If you where in the preview program you would have live support and the reason you get a update is because they released one for the people that are in the preview program.

8. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Member

Ratings:
    I wouldnt be suprised if someone got the full thing they are pushing through tommorrow. I think im going to stay up till it comes out i wanna make my avatar i have the leaked version and i wish i didnt update it. I take it back it sucks without live for 19 days.:thumbup:

9. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    The system must be confused.
    Just wait untill tommorow you it should be working then.
    And to everyone else I'm guessing XBL will be buggy today....

10. Shadoe

Shadoe Contributor

Ratings:
    Just sit tight and wait until about 2am PST(Usually when everything is put out on XBL).

11. OP
    Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeh i just hope it works tommorrow and actually updates or ill be god dam pissed.

12. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Yeah friends list and gamercards are all ****ed up.

It isn't saying statuses or anything. Just says "Online"

It's like the election in a sense, I want everything to just get over and done with already

13. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    In summary, what Major Nelson is saying is this: Anyone who signed up for the preview program, submitted their console ID, and installed the NXE will have the option of downloading the final version. By this he means anyone who has the NXE and can connect to live will be allowed to install it early. However nobody else will be able to update because the console ID live lock is still in place which will be lifted soon.

14. OP
    Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    but the server was pretty f...ed up and i got the update but it wasnt working till the 19th and now im happy.

15. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.