NXE User Reviews - What Do You Think About The NXE?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by andyj986, Nov 19, 2008 with 24 replies and 982 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyj986

andyj986 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Whats your review on the NXE Dash? (Good, Bad, Great, Hate It. Etc)

Even though i have been using NXE for about an hour now, im really liking the idea of being able to Copy (original :-\) games to the HDD. This sparks a lot of interest for me in the future :tongue:.

But im also curious to what other NXE users say.

Have your say.

2. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    ahhh kinda lame in away but hopfully with new NXE there will be more and better to come now that they have a complete new system like thing going here, they said updates will be easier and better now

3. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Had it for a while now, (got the leaked version on my modded box)
    id say it was a little dissapointing, however i do like the new look, and the features they have added.
    Mainly P chat upgrade.....
    its not bad.

4. OP
    andyj986

andyj986 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah we can only hope, im also liking the "windows vista" kinda looking dash, pretty nifty.

I agree, im still looking through everything, finding out what i can and cannot do, but im happy (so far..:tongue:)

5. Conquer

Conquer Member

Ratings:
    oh and by original games im just assuming you mean xbox 1 games and if so... you can copy xbox360 games to the HDD also, i copied GoW2 already :smile:

6. OP
    andyj986

andyj986 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah you can copy 360 games, tried to copy halo 2 (original game) to my 360 with the new feature, but there was no option for the "Y" button to select Install to HDD. So it might just be 360 games.

7. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School Retired

Ratings:
  8. mrwickedd

mrwickedd Newbie

Ratings:
    got it this mornin, pretty clean look and feel i like it. hopefully theres more good stuff coming in the near future

9. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Are there any other good features now besides Netflix and Avatars?

Like what else can I **** around with?

10. Danhrules

Danhrules VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I've been using it since it was leaked, and I'm loving it :biggrin: More so now, since I can finally get on Live.

I don't see how anyone could not prefer this over the old dashboard. Microsoft could have easily just have used this concept for the new Xbox :smile:

I've also upgraded the HDD to 120gb (third-party, ofc) to take advantage of installing games.

11. Gorgatron

Gorgatron Getting There

Ratings:
  12. HungSolo

HungSolo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I like the look, but I was hoping the Avatars would have more custom clothes. Like if you play mostly GoW, CoD, HALO you would be able to personalize your avatars to the game you play.

But Im sure M$ will want you to buy extra content for your Avatars…

13. OP
    andyj986

andyj986 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Im also on the same road as you, im on the verge of finding out what we can do with it ( mod wise :tongue: ), Haven't plugged my hdd in to my laptop yet, but im sure there would be something we could **** around with in there. Well i at leased hope so.

14. GTORacer

GTORacer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I like the colors, but just seems like this is for little kids. I feel like im playing the wii. Also, what is the point of the quick launch if you have to have the disk in to use it?

15. o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Love the update. People just hate change. They'll stop whinning after a week or so. :wink:

The quick launch makes it so your xbox doesn't break your disc. After you play a game for a little while, the xbox starts scratching the disc or worse.

And it also cuts back on load times.

16. DrastiK

DrastiK Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Seems really good. I wasn't sure about it at first but the interface is actually good, i just think the avatar stuff is sorta stupid.

17. DeliveryAce3000

DeliveryAce3000 Old Timer Premium

Ratings:
    The nxe update was ok until 30 minutes into using it and my screen went black and green during an online game of gears. Then freezing on me when I treid to go back to the dashboard. Then finally after instaLLING GEARS 2 INTO MY HARDRIVE and turnig system back on i got a E 74 message. Spent bout 6 hours total on 18004myxbox I have to send it in but i argued with them about how me ELITE was working great before the update made them agree to view it as a nxe issue and the waived the fees. They did not have any choice i had all day and night to change thier mind about it. But still no system = no gears 2 its still sucks no thanksgiving gaming marathon!:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

18. sixworkss

sixworkss Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    I like the looks and features..But I hate how often it freezes..

19. Leering

Leering (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ratings:
    So, you fell into microsofts plan to.
    Lust like me.:rolleyes:

Review:
    Party chat:
    Laggy at time buts the rest is awsome.

NOTHING like the Mii's these actally have limbs.:confused:cared:

Downloading Games to HDD:
    Decreases load time a lot.
    Makes 360 alot more quiet
    Only bad thing is you pretty much need to buy 120gb HDD.

Dashboard look and Navigation:
    Looks great.
    Little confusing to navigate at first.
    laggy at times

Themes 2.0:
    Ties in great with Avatars and friends List.

Market Place:
    Error codes left and right.

Over All:
    8.5/10

20. LFCGirl

LFCGirl Contributor

Ratings:
    Did you have a 20 and update it? Or what?

And how do you do it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.