• Thread starter Korpsicle
  • Start date
  • Views 2,185
Korpsicle

Korpsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, now what is the purpose of putting the game on the hard drive... if the game has to be in the drive?

The only logical explanation would be if your game broke, and it was on the hd already, then you could still play it. The question is, can it download a broken game.. and then play it like new again?

I will verify this soon, if anyone else cares to know, unless someone can answer already. [as soon as I make some room up on my hard drive].

Update: I'm installing CoD4: Modern Warfare to my hard drive now, 23:35 EST which will not load multiplayer maps anymore.

Update:
Doesn't work. Error message. However, possible solution: Rent the game from blockbuster and install that game onto the hard drive, and then use your original disc to continue to play.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
The disc has to be in to verify you own the game and didnt just keep a rental.

If the disc is broken *IE, bad disc* then it wont work. I tried that with my bad copy of Mirror's Edge. It got "dirty disc" when it got to the part it wont read.

The whole point is faster loading in most cases and a quieter system.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, I just got the error.

"Can't read this disc. It may be scratched or dirty. Clean the disc with a soft cloth and try again."

Luckily my friend has cod4 also, so I can install his copy on my hard drive, and use my disc to play =].

And for anyone who can't think for themselves, if you have a broken disc, you can go out and rent a game that you have a broken disc for and continue to play the game for as long as you want.

Xpargas

Xpargas

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
NINJ4BRE4DM4N said:
Yeah, I just got the error.

"Can't read this disc. It may be scratched or dirty. Clean the disc with a soft cloth and try again."

Luckily my friend has cod4 also, so I can install his copy on my hard drive, and use my disc to play =].

And for anyone who can't think for themselves, if you have a broken disc, you can go out and rent a game that you have a broken disc for and continue to play the game for as long as you want.

or you can just swap the discs

Top Bottom
Login
Register