What's new

Question Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4Gb Underperforming Badly?

SpruceGuy

SpruceGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all,

I have a GTX1050Ti and it wont run GtaV at its recommended settings or even massively lower settings.
I have cleaned out the cooling fan and its running the latest Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site 441.66 also its a retail copy of GtaV that's also up to date. Windows is up to date and the rest of the drivers have also been updated via Asus website downloads to their latest versions.
The card doesn't seem to get too hot either.
The error indicates the graphics driver has crashed and then proceeds to run on the windows graphics driver until its restarted. It only works with ultra low settings in GtaV config. Farming Simulator 2017 plays fine at its highest settings.

My other system out performs it and it is running a GTX760 2Gb (The rest of its spec is as follows: AMD 8150, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 2x 240Gb Sata3 SSD's in Raid0,Asus M5A99X EVO, Same Corsair 450w PSU, Win10 Pro 64bit).

Am I missing something vital or is the card dyeing? The GTX1050Ti is a MSI OC version and its around 2 years old and hasn't been used heavily at all.
Any checks i could do or other suggestions any of you have would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
SpruceGuy

Computer Spec:
Intel i3 7350K (Running Stock Air Cooler)
Asus Prime B250 M Motherboard
8Gb (2x 4Gb) Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz
Corsair MP500 128Gb M.2 SSD
WD 300Gb 7200rpm Sata3 HDD
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4G GPU
Corsair 450W Psu
Running Win10 Home 64bit

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
The Ram and CPU could have a part to play? maybe do a bottleneck check

SpruceGuy

SpruceGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi Baron thank you for your reply. Yes there is a bottle neck some where but it seems to point back to gpu as it is now not running the recommended settings and it is clean so not overheating as it runs at under 60 degrees. Also it wont take any OC to gpu as it crashes gpu driver. It also crashes driver when set to run gta at recommended settings. Right now its working no problems but thats because it's under clocked now. But GTA looks absolute s**t. Will get some screenshots of it s resources when running gta.

Top Bottom
Login
Register