Solved NTSC J Xbox modding

boylan

boylan

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I have an NTSC J xbox and I am having trouble modding it

I bought it not realising, I thought it was PAL as I am in the U.K

Now my trouble is
Finding the correct games to mod it with as I have the Xbox to USB and a USB stick that work
Could anyone help, link me up or tell me another way to do it, as I've searched to no avail!

Thank you for the replies

Also if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry, first time posting

Teancum

Teancum

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I always used Splinter Cell as it doesn't take a special version of the disc to softmod cars. All versions of Splinter Cell work. Double check that, though.

boylan

boylan

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought the PAL splinter cell, but the console is NTSC J, so the console tells me it's the wrong region, and I can't find an NTSC J splinter cell anywhere! And I think only the original NTSC J splinter cell or original mech assault work with an NTSC J console from what I've read

reminon

reminon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Region lock sucks. If you absolutely can't find the games needed, you could hotswap the hdd into a pc running xbhdm and install a softmod that way. Assuming that you have a pc that still supports ide. Or use an eeprom reader to get an eeprom backup, but that would still require a pc capable of building an ide hdd

Edit: Sorry just read where mechassault is region free. The original mechassault is extremely cheap on eBay.

Last edited:
_Tokumei_

_Tokumei_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MechAssault (Asian Version, Not Japan Version!) Part Number X09-24634 (Front of Disk)
Splinter Cell (Asian Version, Not Japan Version!) U78-00001 US012A01 (Front of Disk)

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Region lock sucks. If you absolutely can't find the games needed, you could hotswap the hdd into a pc running xbhdm and install a softmod that way. Assuming that you have a pc that still supports ide. Or use an eeprom reader to get an eeprom backup, but that would still require a pc capable of building an ide hdd

Edit: Sorry just read where mechassault is region free. The original mechassault is extremely cheap on eBay.
The latest beta xbhdm, you can run it from windows and all you need is the SATA/IDE usb connector. Still need the EPPROM though as always, but at least xbhdm is updated.

Top Bottom
Login
Register