• Thread starter Catastrophical
  • Start date
  • Views 471
Catastrophical

Catastrophical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yesterday I had Xport 360 working and such but now today Ive tried everything and it doesnt detect. It works on my computer but not on the programs and when I plug it in it says Device Installed even when I change USB spots too.

Tried Xport 360, Modio, Xplorer360, and FATXplorer

Also is it possible for a virus or malware to block it from getting detected?

Also my device components is Hitachi USB Device and the HDD works in the xbox 360

Forgot to add I got Windows Xp SP3

M

Manchovies

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's what I do, I go to the device manager, go to "disc drives" and right click anywhere and click "Scan For Hardware Changes" a few times.

Always worked for me

Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a problem of your PC since all of those programs don't detect it. I'd recommend doing a clean install of your OS and trying again.

N

nicam1993

Reaction score
Sin$
i had this same thig happen to me, so i watch a youtube vid on it and i am using vista so what u have to do is right click on witch ever program u r using to open it and click run as admin and it should work

now XP u should have no problems at all just plug in ur HDD and open the program and it should work but if it dosent then watch a youtube vid about it

Catastrophical

Catastrophical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am using Windows XP not Vista, I used all the USB Ports, The Programs were working two days ago too the only problem I think is there's a a virus in my computer that freezes my screen, slows my pc, cant open AVG + S&D, Sites always get redirected, and this.

hollowxsako

hollowxsako

Getsuga Tenshou
Reaction score
Sin$
This used to happen to me i had a virus and when it got removed it could detect my hdd. Try getting rid of the virus first and then check it out because thats what worked for me. :thumbup:

Try this website even if u dont have norton say that u think u have got a virus and cant load up norton and websites keep redirecting and maybe they can help they helped me and i didnt even have norton.
Norton 360 - Norton Community

Catastrophical

Catastrophical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No viruses, my explorer keeps crashing, and my computer is freezing, also I got rid of malware defense since it happened when I got that malware. But it still doesnt work since it detects it and all but when I go into one of those programs it doesn't detect them.

Also do not say format my computer since I lost my operation system cd to format and there's a error to try to wipe out my pc

S

slicked9778

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
DarkerLife said:
No viruses, my explorer keeps crashing, and my computer is freezing, also I got rid of malware defense since it happened when I got that malware. But it still doesnt work since it detects it and all but when I go into one of those programs it doesn't detect them.

Also do not say format my computer since I lost my operation system cd to format and there's a error to try to wipe out my pc

Quick question,do you have the current .net? it should be 3.5,if you do then I honestly don't know what to tell you,you also seem to be having computer issues,I'd take it to bestbuy or something and have them take a look at it,clean install a new operating system and see if there are any issues with the current hardware.

Jupiter757

Jupiter757

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This happened to me. I thought I had a defective transfer cable, so I said screw it. I ended up having to restore my system (for a different reason) and it worked. This was due to a virus, too.

Top Bottom
Login
Register