• Views 1,388
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The stupidest game in existence. It's not even fun. Notch is a one hit wonder...and the core idea for Minecraft came from Infiniminer. So...that's what I have to say.
-10/10

Hitman1337

Hitman1337

Skyline R34
Services Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The stupidest game in existence. It's not even fun. Notch is a one hit wonder...and the core idea for Minecraft came from Infiniminer. So...that's what I have to say.
-10/10
Zachtronics discontinued development of infiniminer less than a month after its first release as the result of its source code leak. As Barth had not obfuscated the C# .NET source code of the game, it was decompiled and extracted from the binaries. Hackers modified the code to make mods, but also started making clients that would target vulnerabilities in the game as well as build incompatible game forks that fragmented its user base. Barth, who was making the game for free, then lost interest and dropped the project, as development of the game had become too difficult. The source code of Infiniminer is now available under an MIT License.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Zachtronics discontinued development of infiniminer less than a month after its first release as the result of its source code leak. As Barth had not obfuscated the C# .NET source code of the game, it was decompiled and extracted from the binaries. Hackers modified the code to make mods, but also started making clients that would target vulnerabilities in the game as well as build incompatible game forks that fragmented its user base. Barth, who was making the game for free, then lost interest and dropped the project, as development of the game had become too difficult. The source code of Infiniminer is now available under an MIT License.
Yes, I know all this. I've talked to Zach personally about some stuff. I'm not stupid. But that still has NOTHING to do with my message. Infiniminer was still the game that inspired Notch for Minecraft.

Hitman1337

Hitman1337

Skyline R34
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I know all this. I've talked to Zach personally about some stuff. I'm not stupid. But that still has NOTHING to do with my message. Infiniminer was still the game that inspired Notch for Minecraft.
Yes, but there was nothing wrong with him taking the idea if zach was just going to quit it.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, but there was nothing wrong with him taking the idea if zach was just going to quit it.
Zach wasn't going to quit it. He's actually going to be doing something with it again. But I'm not going to continue this conversation with you.

Hitman1337

Hitman1337

Skyline R34
Reaction score
Sin$
Zach wasn't going to quit it. He's actually going to be doing something with it again. But I'm not going to continue this conversation with you.
Good, he should as I played it and loved it. But why stop talking to me? Have i talked to him to ask if he was doing something with the game again? No.

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
He made a game that features cliffs and a horse... and he is selling this?

PCMasterRace

PCMasterRace

Glorious
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
He made a game that features cliffs and a horse... and he is selling this?
No. Why can you people not get that this is a joke! He released a five minute build from Unity3D as a joke because he can.

P

pwfdc

Reaction score
Sin$
No. Why can you people not get that this is a joke! He released a five minute build from Unity3D as a joke because he can.
Then don't put "Notch's Next Big Game!" as the title. You're playing it off as it is a big game when it's not. You're confusing people.

L

LawlessBaron

A myth
Retired
Legendary Veteran Programmer Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Well this is gonna be interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login